Register now to get rid of these ads!

Panhard bar vs. Diaganol link? Any opnions or reasons?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KROWN Kustoms, Feb 18, 2010.

1. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

This is for the chassis guys, doin the rear suspension on my 41' and was wondering which would be better for my application? Put in two other panhard bars in o.t. trucks and always had shifting when airbags where fully deflated or inflated. Not having a whole lot of fender gap on this one and wondering if a diagonal link would be good for the street?

2. ground pounder

ground pounder
    from ontario

a wish bone is best

3. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

No room, was my plan.

4. cracker head

cracker head

I put a diaganol link on my daily driven bagged Falcon wagon and there was no problems.

5. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

i was thinking of running a diagonal link from my front spring mount, which I am using, to the bottom hairpin bar at the axle.

6. You still get some side ways movement with them, the watts linkage will keep the rear end centered all the time.

7. Just what the Doc says ,the watts link is the best and the roll center of the truck will be at the centerline of the link.

8. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

yeah, I agree. Short on room with shocks, exhaust, hairpins, brackets and crossmember. A little movement I can deal with. Just dont like a panhard bar on air bagged suspensions, too hard to dial in. Cant get a long one in on mine because of the upper crossmember that holds the bags, and a short one is just a headache with that much travel.

9. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

No problems thus far? Are you a motivational speaker? LOL! Love chris farley

10. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Could you not use a triangulated 4 bar ???

11. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

A diagonal link is great for flat road surfaces like drag racing, but not optimal for variable surfaces. A panhard is great for limited suspension travel, but not for high travel suspensions. A watts link is easiest to find roll center and best at both travel and surfaces, but uses a lot of chassis space. A triangulated four link or wishbone manage both fairly well.

12. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Well, Im gonna try a panhard bar. Ive got all the stuff here to make the brackets ect. Done some measuring and think it might work. Im gonna run as long of one as I can fit between the frame rails to ruduce the arch and hopefully not get as much side movement when aired up, or layed out. I appreciate all of your feedback.