Register now to get rid of these ads!

Panama City Fla.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrod0, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ratrod0

ratrod0

Anythimg going on in Panama city FLA. july 4th weekend.

2. ratrod0

ratrod0

come on guys help me out

3. 22 track

22 track

I'm not aware of anything. That is the biggest tourist weekend of the year in Panama City Beach, so car events are not scheduled then.

4. RClark

RClark

If you get here on Friday then there is the Friday Fest going on downtown. Kind of a carnival-like atmosphere with several blocks of downtown streets blocked off. Hot rods mixed with muscle cars and even a few ricers. It about as good as it gets here as far as hot rod stuff goes.
    Other than that it's just a big holiday weekend for the masses. There will indeed be a lot of rented scooters and hellacious traffic. If your into Blues Music then Pineapple Willies is having the Eric Culberson Blues Band playing all weekend. I also bartend just down the street if you wanna stop by Hammerhead Freds. I never get much of a chance to meet HAMBers in my neck of the woods.

5. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I always liked the Spinaker and La Vela, especially after they tore Beer Haven down in 1987. Haven't been back in nearly 20 years. Didn't remember any car stuff back then. Just lots of "T&A" and I'm not talking about fords.

6. Last time I was there on the 4th of July you could not go anywhere except by walking.Traffic was a nightmare.PC's roads aren't designed for that many vehicles.Young kids doing burn outs with a car 10 feet in front of them,stupid.I must be getting old..............

7. k9racer

k9racer

On part of P City Beach was called the strip a large reciation area it had a 1/4 mile drag strip the whole area including the amusement park was sold years ago............. I have no idear what is their now....................... Their was also a circle track on Allison Blvd........it was on the second beach by pass..................... Now I think their are 3 bypass roads.. last year 2 of my cousins and myself inhearted a house in what was or still is called little Bham for little Birmingham because most of the part time residents were from the Birmingham Alabama area................... As Johm Melloncamp said "everybody vacations at the gulf of mexico" ............................. Way to much traffic for me..

8. 22 track

22 track

The local paper lists an event in Lynn Haven on 4 July: Beauties on the Bay auto show at 6 p.m. at A.L. Kinsaul Park at western end of Fifth Street in Lynn Haven.