Register now to get rid of these ads!

Painted my truck! And took it to LSRU (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carbed87, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Didn't want to post any pictures before the trip so i figured i'd post them now that the truck has made it back safely. Just for the record, yes, i did paint it semi-gloss, it's legitimate single stage urethane, in my opinion it fit the look of the truck more. The color is something i had in my head for a while, kind of a brown-ish maroon, or as my painter called it; "used red scotchbrite". I think it goes with the stainless trim and off-white interior/grille pretty good.

So some of you may have seen the truck at LSRU, the truck made it to Austin from Denver and back completely under it's own power, which is something i am still very happy about! It only had one small hiccup which was repaired on the side of the road, without any significant delays (thanks to my good buddies at Deluxe Speed Shop). So enough rambling, id love to hear some opinions good or bad (and no its not bagged...just getting that out there before i catch any shit).

Thanks guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very nice - color fits the truck very well in my opinion!

3. Styleliner

Styleliner

Love the satin finish... Im planning on doing mine satin as well. Looks awesome.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Probably be a good idea to scrape off those way-out-of-date Texas windshield safety and registration stickers; its just an invitation to a visit curbside with a Texas Peace officer.

Darn nice truck, I'd be proud of it too.

5. Nice truck! Dig the single silver tooth too!

6. gicknordon

gicknordon

Looks nice, although i liked it the other red you had it before better. Then again the old color is similar to what im planning on painting my f1.

7. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

8. Very nice! Reminds me of a darker shade of red-oxide primer.

9. I like the truck, color and all, but don't know how you drive it that low. Only thing I'd do (if it were mine) is raise the rear about 3 inches and paint those washers on the rear fender bolts on the inside of the bed....nice ride.

10. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Real nice... got me thinking about using that color on something around here.

11. Like it alot. Must have been a rough ride at times tho.

12. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Looks killer..I like it!!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

13. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Love the color. I Agree it looks like dark red-oxide , and it looks really good...Enjoy! Glad the trip went well!!

14. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

very cool! i dig the color combo.

15. boutlaw

boutlaw

Love the truck, color and stance. Sure as hell looks bagged. I'm just finishing my F1, bone stock 52, V8, (pics in my album) with all new stock springs so I'm jacked up, way up. Plan on removing some leaves but not sure how many to take out from front and back. Did you move the front and back axles above the springs, with C notch, to get it down? Looks killer......

BOutlaw

16. Looks real good, like the color. The semi gives it the truck look. I thought about going semi gloss but in the end found myself wet sanding and polish. Jeez that's allot of work, semi was a god choice!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. 1951Biff

1951Biff

I really like the color and the truck! Thanks for sharing and glad you made it back all in one piece!

18. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Kool truck!
    Do you have teeth? There can't be much suspension with how close that front tire is to the wheel opening. How about some blackwall bias-ply's? Just a personal choice but I think tires can make a vehicle.
    None the less I do like it and I'm sure taking it to the roundup was a blast.

19. n847

n847

Dude I can't believe how right that color looks, besides if you wanna go gloss, its not like you can't do it later! Its beggin for some cream colored stripes! I can't believe you drive it that low. Sweet truck!

20. Wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys! For the record, it does look a lot lower in all the pictures taken of it parked in the rocks, the running boards are about 3 1/2 from the ground. Usually it'll scrape going into a gas station or anything like that but in the highway I was very surprised at how livable the ride was...I would compare it a lot to my lowered Tahoe. As far as tires go, I can. Go almost full lock without scraping them so my turning radius is acceptable.again, thank you for the compliments!

21. Sorry about the bad punctuation, I'm using the TJJ app

22. iron infantry

iron infantry

that color is exactly what i have in my head for my car. whats the color? what kind of paint is it? i dont mean to steal your paint job but its dead on to what i have in mind.

23. choptvan

choptvan

Tell us how you got it that low! Looks killer! Perfect IMO. I have a 50 I am about to start on. Just trying to decide how to go about it.

24. the paint is sherwin williams' "genesis" series, basically their "fleet/commercial" line of paints. we ordered a gallon of what looked like brown, then added black and red a few grams at a time using my buddies colorbank to get the color right.

choptvan, the rear is spring under with half 5 leafs removed from the stock pack, the rear spring hanger is scooted up the frame about 2" and i dialed the ride height in with a 3/4" drop block. front is a malibu subframe with the coils cut. though i was going to get drop spindles and buy another set of uncut coils to gain some travel, this trip really proved that its not needed.

25. what year Malibu clip?

26. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Diggin that truck

27. What else can be said but I love it. You gonna have it at the Golden Supercruise? I'd like to take a closer look.

28. olskool34

olskool34

Love the truck and the color. Do your gauges work or were you overheating? Just had to ask because that needle is pointing at the H.

29. no, the fuel gauge is the only one i hooked up. Racer29, ya i plan on catching all of the supercruises, those are always fun to go to...not a lot of good cars, but still fun

30. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Nice job! I think your truck looks great but honestly the single silver tooth is kinda silly and takes away from the overall picture.

Just my.02 that you didn't ask for

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app