Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Painted my hubcaps...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickfunnycar.com, May 28, 2015.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes I can't help it, I have to chime in. This is one of those times so here goes..

As to a stripe on the car, yes. Not bright red like the "V-8" on the caps, a richer and darker red. You'll have to play around to get it just right. I'd stripe the cowl detail in a single 1/16" line and where it meets the rocker reveal follow that back to the wheel opening. At the upper body reveal, I would have that single line connect to 2 stripes, 1 at the top of the reveal and 1 at the bottom. The bottom would follow the qtr panel reveal down and around the back in a single stripe. The top of the reveal would wrap around the interior, trying to stay centered vs on top of it. A double red stripe on the wheels in the body color vs the V-8 color. The deep red would be something between a burgundy and a bright red. It's hard to see in this picture, but then again that's the point. It's there without dominating the rest of the car. There's a double 16th stripe on the fenders and 4 stripes on the body reveals (an authentic pattern for the car). The color is similar to Model A Ford "Rubillite Red". 936.JPG

2. I'm trying to visualize what you're saying but having difficulties without actually seeing it...