Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Paint Removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elba, Feb 25, 2021.

1. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Good quality paint stripper. Sand paint first then apply stripper then lay plastic on top amd let it soak in for 20 plus mins. Peel plastic wipe off with lacquer thinner

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Like Lloyd, I use to strip cars with aircraft stripper and at that time it was great, if you got any on your cloths you too would become a stripper fast!, I sat down on a piece of steel wool soaked in that stuff! :eek:

Now I just sand blast the cars, I've done it enough to keep moving and not warp any sheet metal. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

warhorseracing and mad mikey like this.
  3. I have done it with a DA before. 60 grit and elbow grease.

I helped a guy who was doing a bunch of cars in NorCal that was using paint stripper. After a bunch of washing the bodies needed to be pickled with muriatic acid before paint would stick. So that is also an option I suppose.

Media blasting is also an option. Best to have it done and soda blasting is what you want not glass beads or sand.

mad mikey likes this.
  4. elba

elba

I went out to Lowes and bought a couple of paint stripper pads for my 4.5" angle grinder. WOW, I can't believe how fast and good the paint comes off . Thanks for the tip . I will recommend it for sur .

5. grumpy65

grumpy65

It's all good man. I totally agree about some not seeming to search first, but I am also not gonna let them ruin my day. There's been enough tough days already, and I'm tryin' to prove that even us "grumpies" can mellow.
    Wish me luck..............:confused::confused::confused:

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  6. I will wish you luck and go sip myself some peach brandy.:rolleyes:

grumpy65 and Unique Rustorations like this.