Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint ? Pagan Gold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yngrodder, Oct 10, 2011.

1. yngrodder

yngrodder

Have any of you found a Base Coat Clear Coat that is close to Pagan Gold? I know it wont look the same but i want to find something close, More of a Yellow gold that is bright,

[​IMG]

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Chrysler used a color called Inca Gold Pearl on PT Cruisers and I think on Prowlers in 2002 that was pretty nice.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

PT cruiser gold wasn't quite that flashy as the above pic. I would assume a silver base with a candy orange/yellow would be something close to the above!

4. In the Kirker auto lineup, I've used mayan gold and acid rain yellow. Because pics are so misleading, I can't be certain if either of those colors are close to what you're after.

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I used to go to one of the larger local automotive paint suppliers and check out the book of Commercial colors they had.
    Basicly it started at one end of the paint spectrum and worked its way thru all the commercial colors available.
    I found some really nice golds with high metallic content when i was looking to paint a friends Motion clone V8 Vega.

I won't post a pic due to the car being OT, but the color I used was really bright and there were many others to choose from in gold metallics alone.

I can't see why such a chip book wouldn't be available now.
    It WASN'T a book coded to OEM paint codes.
    This was for commercial projects and custom fleet painting.

6. A number of years back I was after a colour option that would remind me of Pagan gold for my (then) daily driver, but in a paint more suitable to our harsh winters. I found a beautiful gold in the Sikens "custom colors" (I believe it was called Sierra Gold) sample book. This pic doesn't do the colour justice - 'tho nothing will compare to the real deal.

[​IMG]

-Dave

7. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

inca gold on my 61 in my avitar picture

8. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

House of color has a product called Kandy base coat # KBC12-pagan gold, it's a base coat/clear coat setup. I've use this to save time and materials on some of the bike frames I've done......Rich

9. I think Kia has a gold in there line as does Ford now, cant be sure if they are base clear systems. I am amazed at how many cars are now coming with tri-coats, and before similar colors were base clear.

Looking at the Ford Gold I would look into it, but if I were a betting man I would think tri-stage

10. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Ford has a real cool bright gold that they use on the Focus.

11. glenn907s

glenn907s
    from nor cal

You could play with met and candy mix. To come up with your pagen mix.I'm doing it with ppg on my 51 chevy hardtop with white pearl. It's trying to get a clean flop that takes some messing with. ;);)