Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Paint N Primer Cruise In - Colorado

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1931av8, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 1931av8

1931av8

Another great Paint N Primer Cruise In in Fountain, Colorado. This event has been going on nearly a decade, sponsored by Dave Pareso of Back Street Kustoms. We hadn't been a few years and find that we have missed a lot. Glad to be back. Here are a few pics:

Fivewindow Johnnie Walker of Gunnison brought the '40 down. Good to see him again, but missed Laura who had to work!
    [​IMG]

3 FINE Cadillacs. On the far left is Dan Jetter's '54. Followed by Roger Jetter's '55 in the middle. My wife Michelle has really taken a liking to these guys...guess I better watch out! Last is a '56.
    [​IMG]

This Model A was new and attracted a lot of attention!
    [​IMG]

Had to wait for the lunch bell to ring to get a clear shot.
    [​IMG]

There was a vintage tractor pull getting ready to start in the background. Handy if you needed a jump start...

Check out the drivetrain:
    [​IMG]

Some nice Chevys:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last, winner of the best interior:
    [​IMG]

Glad to be back!

BTW - Happy Anniversary to Dave and Chris. Both were married at the 2003 Paint N Primer.

Tom

2. 1931av8

1931av8

One more...here's part of the line up from the Lonely Knights:

[​IMG]

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Tom, didn't see you guys leave...and Michelle, I've got a line on a '59 Caddy Coop DeVille 2door hardtop if you're interested...or how 'bout a '50 Fleetwood, with only 45,000 original miles, for $6,000.00... but I'm telling you ya missed one hell of a rain storm...!!!

Was just checking oil in my Caddy about 4...felt a couple of rain drops, then more...left the hood up on my car and headed to the shelter...didn't want to get wet...and it cut loose...rained so hard ya couldn't see across the lot...lightning struck a few times only blox from us...way too close and way too loud. Good thing the roadster boys left right after door prizes...about two dozen of us crowded under the shelter for over an hour...haven't seen that much rain in months...the shelter became its own little island...

Here's a few more pix for ya...the first is Dave and Chris Pareso, hosts, in front of their rad Studey pickup.

[​IMG]

Vic Olsen and his nice '58 showed up...

[​IMG]

Full kustom '56 Ford belonging to my upholsterer, Ed Banes...

[​IMG]

Nice '64 Caddy on bags...

[​IMG]

Lindsey and her Imperial was there:

[​IMG]

Buick sled owned by Clint Rodriguez...

[​IMG]

and Chad's "mixed bag" Hemi powered all Mopar roadster...

[​IMG]

Final count...130 cars/over 250 guests showed up. All in all, a good time was had by all...watch for it next Labor Day

R-

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  4. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey, Nice coverage of the event. I am new to the Hamb so I hope I am doing this right. I was a great event and fun was had by all. Thanks for the Lonely Knights pic.

Big Rich
    Lonely Knights

5. 1931av8

1931av8

Rich:

Can't think of ANYTHING the Lonely Knights do that isn't "right"! You have one hell of a club. Thanks to all of you guys for putting on this event.

Tom

6. Was a great show ! Nice turnout of cars, weather was perfect, good food and music. What more could you ask for ?

Thanks to Dave and Chrissy for providing a wonderful time.

Johnnie.

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

missed it this year,enjoyed it last year.Colorado Springs has a bunch of Customs.I think more than Denver.We just don't seem to have very many here.A bunch of hot rods ,street rods and muscle cars but very few customs. Dave and Chris put on a cool laid back custom get together,great people! Those Jetter brothers in the Caddys are everywhere,LOL.

8. 1931av8

1931av8

Johnnie:

Looks like you and I got out just in time...this is what Roger said we missed:

"...felt a couple of rain drops, then more...left the hood up on my car and headed to the shelter...didn't want to get wet...and it cut loose...rained so hard ya couldn't see across the lot...lightning struck a few times only blox from us...way too close and way too loud.

Seems like every time I come, it rains! We caught a bit on the way back up to Castle Rock. The rolled up gas station towel tampon tucked between the top and the windshield did not keep the rain out. Drips on my left knee every time!

Tom

9. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

hey yall got the call from Dave the day before the event!!! a little bit of a drive from long beach.But i just gotta make it out for next one , at least a lonely knight reunion ... get the kid and me out there .. looks like it was a great show ... I wish dave and kris the best!!

Tim
    Lonely Knight
    nomad

10. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey Tim

Chris Whittington actually made it out. So your turn next

Big Rich

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting the pics..

They're a lot of kool Kustoms and Hot Rods in Colorado. It has been a while since
    I've been to Colorado in the Merc. Looks like I need to go back and visit....

Happy Trails,

Mick

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

It was a great time and even the rain storm was impressive. but stacys burnout in 4 inches of water was outstanding. I didn't think tires could smoke that much under water. Thanks dave and chris....John

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

That ''A'' was real Nice as you say and thanks for the pictures!

Nick.

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like this a lot!! Any more pictures.....

15. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

damn those caddys...

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hey, hey, hey...!!! Be careful...be very careful...those Caddys are connected...IF you know what I mean...:eek:

Mick, here's the only other one I have...and Lindsey's husband-to-be, Scott, parked his Studey alongside her Imperial...

R-

[​IMG]

17. dave s

dave s

thanks for the pictures! the show was a great time. it was a good excuse to get the A out and work some more bugs out of it.

18. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Mick, in case you are interested...here's Lindsey's father's car...

[​IMG]

and his son Jeramey's car...

[​IMG]

So, Father, son and daughter are INTO KUSTOMS...and Mopars as well...

R-

The only odd man out is Lindsey's husband-to-be -- here's his kustom:

[​IMG]

Nice car none the less...

19. Hopefully I can make it next year with the Merc.

20. 1931av8

1931av8

Mick: One more from the other side. Looks remarkably similar to Roger's photo, but in reverse :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

21. StevG

StevG

Just want to add a few more from the Paint N Primer gig

Attached Files:

22. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Mick
    Just got off the phone with fellow club members Scott and Lindsey. Trying to drag them out to the Starliner show this weekend with us. See you there

Big Rich
    Lonely Knights

23. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Sweet! Thanks for all the great pictures everyone, and thank you, Roger, for the kool kommentary! You're absolutely right –- I’m the non-Mopar oddball of the family, but it's FUN to be different! (Or so the weird kids always say…)
    <O:p
    Now, I realize that every one of you has seen various fluid spots, large and small, around all sorts of cars, but the one in front of Lindsay's '60 Imperial &#8211;- "Judy", as the car is known -&#8211; started out a bit iffy but had a fairly happy ending. I was following Lindsay to the Paint 'N Primer when about a mile south of the Fountain exit on I-25 Judy started smoking something fierce. My first thought was, "Oh shit&#8230; That old 413 is finally blowing up..." I got her on the cell phone and asked if Judy was making any scary knocking noises or anything and Lindsay said no. (Whew!) We limped it to the car show and parked, and that's when we saw a pretty big trail of oil marking the path from where Judy had just driven. Fast Eddie was the first to check it out and said what many probably feared: blown rear main seal. At first glance and by all appearances that's what it definitely seemed like. I popped the hood and we all looked around a bit. That&#8217;s when Johnnie and Eddie noticed that the firewall was pretty wet with oil. Johnnie told Lindsay to fire it up and immediately spotted a steady stream of lube squirting from the oil pressure sending unit. After J.T. drove his roadster back to his shop for a couple of tools, it was an easy fix for Greg, Lindsay&#8217;s dad, who pretty much had this to say when it was over. &#8220;Well, at least we know it&#8217;s got good oil pressure!&#8221; He also reminded me that the old 413 still runs pretty well for an engine that was completely seized up when he bought that car about four or five years ago&#8230; Yay old cars!

P.s. Roger, how do you upload your photos so they're all big and stuff? Thanks in advance!

Scott

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  24. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Oh dude, we can't! Seriously, we've got some family from Germany coming into town this weekend! Scheisse!!!

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Roger, Very kool!! I tried to buy one years ago from a guy north of Dearing, Ks It was a low milage original car and would have been a kool sled. The car is huge!! thanks for posting more pics.

Wow how kool is that, a real Kustom family with a blood line......

Thanks, can never get to many pictures of a Kustom Imperial.

Happy Trails,

Mick

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell your German family to come along with ya, they would have a chance to win the
    longest distance...ha, ha, ha, Family is important and has to come first I hope ya guys have a good time.

Happy Trails,

Mick

27. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

looks like fun. nice pics.

28. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Sorry I missed it. Hopefully next year

29. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

man looks like a great show, AND the mountains to look at too? awesome.

30. Sent Dave & Chrissy the link to this thread. Said to pass along their thanks to all who attended and invite everyone to next years Paint & Primer hosted by Backstreet Kustoms.

Dave's a lurker, if you've ever seen him operate a keyboard it's obvious why he doesn't post. Maybe Rich will give Dave a tutorial now that he has received one himself, of course, it probably won't improve Dave's typing skills.

Johnnie.