Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint Job comparison on the T Bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi Folks. Well, the T Bucket is almost ready to drive more and while it's waiting for the top, I figured it would be a good time to see what you think of my posible paint schemes.
    I've included pictures of how the car is now.. Satin Black, and some photoshop work my girl did last night. Took some colors and flames from other rods and mapped them onto the car's most recent pictures. Let me know what you think, and if you want, make your own examples.
    I like the Blue with the blue rims so far.

Ozzie

Attached Files:

2. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

Blue look good.

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I like the blue flames and blue nose. Nice photoshop work!

4. i will third the blue , excellent photoshop work!

5. Ozzie

Ozzie

Thanks guys, I keep telling My Girl she needs to do this for a living. and she used to do concert posters, etc when photoshop wasn't as good. Maybe I'll buy a tablet and pen mouse so she can do this even easier. I wonder how she could make good money at this. She did all three in about 3 hours. but she hadn't opened the photoshop program in about 4 months and sha started doing this at 1am!.

The blue flames were taken from a picture posted here of Sam F. 's 56 chevy 2 door post which is now red and white. and the red flames were taken from a picture of Bad Bob's black with red flames mercury. the merc pic was facing the wrong way, so she flipped it, extracted the flames and then mapped it onto the car. I was kind of thinking using the flames from the red option and making those flames blue with white pinstripes. here are the original flames pictrures we used.

Attached Files:

6. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

blue looks right man

7. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Blue all the way. Your girl is very talented.

8. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

[​IMG]

love the looks of this ride, awsome work

9. Ozzie

Ozzie

Thanks guys, Yes she definitely is, and it doesn't hurt that Blue is her favorite color. If it were up to her everything would be blue. We'll try changing the red flames to a blue color and add the white pinstripe around the flames tonight. I really like the blue rims. At least that part i can do myself, I'm not talented at painting a car but the rims, no problem, lol

10. Here's some more blue flames for you.

[​IMG]

11. HA HA HA! That's fuckin hilarious,cause I was just gonna say "no flames!" Then I saw this post! lol...I like the all black or all blue look. Not a big fan of flames on Hotrods,but it doesn't look bad.

12. That thing sucks!!!!

13. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hehehe, Thought you might get a kick out of that. We'll get a few more variations later tonight or tomorrow. Gonna try the side shot with all blue like in the front shot, and then your flames (Bob) in blue with white pinstripes on it.

14. Can't wait to see it...Nice car,by the way!

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I really like what you've done with your T Bucket. I vote for blue because it keeps it simple. T Buckets are just fun little cars and should look it, in my opinion. Yours does.

Your girlfriend is definately talented. If she's interested in pursuing graphic design as a career, she should have no problem. Photoshop is still considered a cornerstone of the job.

16. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I like the Bad Bob flames all the way.

17. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, I vote blue as well

19. Yeh,keep it subtle black with flames!!It was good enough for Norm Grabowski.

20. chevy6694

chevy6694
    from PSL,FL

Another for Blue

21. The other two options don't even come close to that cool blue!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  22. oldsman71

oldsman71

another fer BLUE , super neat bucket!!!!!

23. Ozzie

Ozzie

So it's a Solid blue as opposed to the Blue flames right?. That cool Blue in the full front picture? I'm going to see if she can make the flames a shiny black as opposed to flat. so it's like a ghosting effect. Let's see if it works out..

Maybe shiny black with white pinstripes around them. We'll try some more stuff tonight, fixing stuff around the house for the next few hours.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  24. Ozzie

Ozzie

Here is a picture of the one with red flames and a rear fender. This was done in 20 minutes quickly so that I would have an idea of the car with a rear fender. before deciding to order the raw doughnuts to make them.
    What do you think? The rears are 17" and the fronts 15's.

Attached Files:

25. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

Here is the flames with a white outline

[​IMG]

26. Ozzie

Ozzie

Very Very Sweet indeed!! Thank you Remington

My body guy can't come in til tomorrow, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to drive it and show him these possibilities.

27. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

ya need anything else?