Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical paint gun problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadgary, May 8, 2018.

1. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

first, it's a horrible freight gun. yea i know, that's my first problem. i have had ok performance from them until now. at least this problem never occurried before. this is a new gun and i used it once without any issues. i cleaned it and the next time i used it the spray came out in a pulsing manner. i tried to adjust all the knobs to no avail. this is the aluminum siphon gun if that helps. also, it is not a hvlp gun. i ran it at 60 psi. anybody have any ideas?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Buy once Cry once...

3. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

KIMG2324.JPG Not venting, also, take spray tip off, turn 180 wiggle it on backwards (over needle) put back on, Make 100% it's vented!! Didn't get cleaned as good as You thought

4. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

X2. I've actually had very good results with the HF guns, but have had an issue before with not cleaning the vent well enough. My fault, not theirs.

5. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

With the high cost of thinner and the low cost of paint guns, it might be cost effective to consider the paint gun disposable.

samurai mike likes this.
  6. You either have the vent plugged or a vacuum leak from something not being properly installed. How much did you disassemble for cleaning? All the siphon guns depend on strong clear vacuum to get the paint to the nozzle. Anything that affects this will cause your problem