Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Paint colors for my '49 Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

At (77) and limited due to bad legs and back, I get tired of body work and other rebuilding on my '49 Ford Coupe on occasion, so jump ahead with some experimenting to keep my MOJO up.
    Been doing Bondo the last few days, Frenching in headlights as well as other body work.
    Recently put on a nice pair of 1951 shaved doors, so today I did a little paint experiment, and I like it.
    Pretty sure I will be going with Satin Black for the main body, and Satin Maroon for the top, trunk, and upper part of the rear quarters.
    Here is my trial test on the passenger door today.
    Also I included a picture of the overall paint scheme I plan on using.

Attached Files:

2. indyjps

indyjps

Is the reason for satin due to rough bodywork, or do you prefer satin ?
    SHINY looks so good. :D

What kind of paint are you using ?

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Actually Both.
    I am old school and really like the non shiny colors....but to be totally honest my body work is nowhere near professional, so yes satin and flat colors help me out there too. lol
    Over the years I have build several cars, motorcycles, and other projects and pride myself in doing basically all of it by myself... many from very rough starts.
    They all have turned out to be pretty nice drivers, and that is all I ever claim.
    Not sure on what paint I will use, just rattle canned this door to get an idea of colors..

4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Satin colors always make me think of the back of the lot specials. Usually solid colors that have been reshot with an economy paint that fades quickly. You run the buffer over them so they look good for a couple of weeks but go back to flat again.

Steve Ray likes this.