Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro Pontiac, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

I've been struggling with a color to paint my car and I'm looking for some advice. What are your opinions on modern colors on 60's cars, specifically Fords deep impact blue. I like it on the 2012 mustang I just not convinced it will look good on a 60's car

2. GREASER815

GREASER815

Personally I like old colors on old cars. Some modern silvers, grays, look ok, but alot of the colors throw off the look of an old car to my eyes

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Color can make a project go wrong in a hurry. I would stick with a 60's color or at least one that feels 60ish. However, I think it depends on the theme of the car.....if it is a pro touring style car, then obviously a period correct paint color would be of little value.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, a color may look excellent on one car and terrible on the next. new paint requires special process to get right results, and can be very expensive. don't rush into something.

5. its your car you like it... you see a color YOU like... your car needs paint

hmmm

"should i paint my car a color i like ...or should i ask the opinions of people from all over the world who in all liklyhood will never see my car in person what color i should paint it"

now if the color were something wild like chartuese or hot pink or the like i could understand

but blue , red ,white, yellow etc no questions if you like it paint it

6. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Asking for advice on paint colours is about asking for advice about marriage......................
    'jus be sure "your'' decision is one you can live with:D

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

7. nathan289

nathan289
    from spokane,wa

Try chesapeake blue.. its an original 60s ford color and looks pretty cool.

Im planning on painting my 63.5 falcon kona blue which is on my 2010 mustang.. clay barred and polished people ask if its a custom color..

Nathan

8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Did my '57 in code 99 GM black cherry in 1985 it was the most modern color of the time, and everyone loved it!
    27 years later it is still looking great!
    Many modern colors are a take on the custom colors of the 50's and 60's.
    Find a color you really like and park your car near it and then give it some thought while looking at your car and the car with the color you like!
    It worked for me!
    KK

9. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going with crimson splash. That kona is a really cool color, I'd like to see your car when it's done.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have to agree...who are you trying to please. New colors are on my old car and they look great?:)

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

mine is a new color.. didnt look very good on the newer all plastic bumpered vehicle .. put the same color on an old car with lots of chrome and..BAM! Totally different look.

12. Hey hey what's wrong with hot pink? :D:D

Attached Files:

13. rodl

rodl

14. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

By the 60s, there where a lot more "modern" colors available for american cars unlike the 30s and 40s where the colors were more "plain" or the 50s where they were more "bright, pastel, and tu toned". So I would just go with whatever color you like.