Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Paint color opinions needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamed34, Feb 5, 2010.

1. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As been said Black with flames ala california kid nicely executed fades flowing lines.If you cant or are not confident in laying the out pay someone with a good track record to do it. Cheap flames are just that. First thing you notice on a car with cheap flames are the sad flames not the whole package.

3. flamed34

flamed34

I agree fully with the statement concerning flame layout. One thing I'm confident in is my flame work....while I'm not Rod Powell, I'm pretty good (or at least I think I am). I've done a lot of flame work - traditional and tribal - on O/T vehicles which I won't post here (think rice) as well as other projects (our '51 ford in my albums), gas pumps, etc. To me there's nothing worse than flames poorly executed. The rest of the car can be awesome, but I can't see past poor design, balance, blend, etc.

4. flamed34

flamed34

38 Flattie...that's a sharp car and love the colors - but with the paint color, wheels, and shotgun scoops it's a little to "streetroddy" for my tastes.

Lowcab...that's a sweet looking coupe! One thing I like is the radiator cap hood ornament...I've been debating whether I use a simple cap or go for the the winged eagle.

5. I don't have any right now, but do you seen his book? "Rod Powell's Flame Painting Techniques. How to Flame Hot Rods, Trucks and Motorcycles" It has a whole chapter about painting that car.

6. flamed34

flamed34

Kan't,
    I actually have that book somewhere - just not certain where! I totally forgot about the chapter on hell rod, but now that you mention it, I remember it well.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it is an exceptional book to learn the basics of flame painting. It taught me a lot!

7. olskool37

olskool37

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  8. dawg

dawg

the wrong flames turn the car into a street rod...

as do the wrong wheels...