Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint color model a

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sskustoms, Feb 7, 2008.

1. sskustoms

sskustoms

Getting close to paint, what color you guys think ? I was thinking silver with a matte clear. Any info will be appreciated .Thanks for A GREAT SITE WITH LOTS OF GOOD INFO .I just about wore out the search function on here building this car had it since may of 07.

Attached Files:

2. ig'nant

ig'nant

Well, you're just going to get a lot of opinions that aren't yours. I'd go ahead and do what you want, and give the finger to anyone that says any different.

3. Mullda

Mullda

Looks great! Nice work. Matte silver would probably suit it nicely.

4. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

matte silver would look sorta like a futuristic bare metal car. That would be so damn cool!

5. brandon

brandon

if the body is as nice as the photo ....i'd make it shiny....but probably not silver....:D i'd look for a paint store that has some old chip books ....and go from there.... i know ppg's omni has formulas for colors from the 50's and 60's in a base / clear ....i was thinking a dark bronze for some reason ....:rolleyes: but thats just me... brandon:D

6. 56Sedan

56Sedan

Are you going to paint it yourself?

Silver is a tricky color to get right without tiger-striping it etc....

I do think it'd look good with Silver however.. I can scan in some 50s Silver colors from my old Dupont & Martin Senour books if you're looking for a '50s era' silver.

7. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

I tried to make it silver, I was close.
    [​IMG]

8. fatabone

fatabone

Mikey's is flat silver.

Attached Files:

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The color it is looks cool.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea I kinda like the vanilla also! maybe some rootbeer for the frame/motor/wheels??

11. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Silver would look good. I wouldn't do the flat part, but that's just me. Do whatever you want. If you don't like it in a couple of years, paint over it.

12. sskustoms

sskustoms

Chris thanks for the photo shop picture / Fatabone thanks for that picture thats what I had in mind. I will post pictures in a few weeks to show the verdict . :)

13. the car looks great ..

14. i kinda like it the way it is.....butternut.....yummmmm!!

15. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

how about silver matte with some candy red scalops. I think that would look great to or you can paint it flat silver. Its your choice but silver like you said would look great to.

16. 5window

5window

I've got a chopped '31 that looks similar to yours-except that it's got rear fenders and cycle fenders on the front. Right now, it's a white pearl Corvette type color with dark purple (think Chrysler Cordoba) fenders. Looks fine, but I am really thinking of going back to Henry with a dark green body and black fenders.

Keep in mind that silver has been the most popular new car color for several years,just overtaken by white, so there are lots of those cars on the road-even if they are not distinctive rods. And of course black,red and primer are traditional rod colors-great,but not necessarily unique. Finally, the trends in the high cost rods seem to me to be oranges,browns and kind of minty metallic green. These were unique-but not so much now.

If silver's what YOU like, the rest of us are just along for the ride. But do let us know.

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

nice looking car. I'd go with a nice deep rich and shiny dark blue that is just barely a little green.

18. duckman rob

duckman rob
    from NW Indiana

SSKustoms what are you waiting for, post some pictures to show off your handy work!
    Guys & Gals this car has come a loooong way since we picked it up and drug it home with hay and dirt flying the whole way home. Even on the trailer coming home people were driving crazy just to get a glimpse of it and give a thumps up.
    The silver matte turned out great and no tiger stripe.
    He's a perfectionist, he wanted to spot spray some primer on the body because it looked too nice.
    Hope he finishes it soon, cause I can't get him out of garage to do anything else.
    I tried calling you today about int. door ,kick panel metal, call me Tuesday.
    Oh yeah Chad's crf450 got ripped off friday nite.
    Duckman Rob

19. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

me to

20. I vote for the color it is now . Bitchin'