Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paint color "flop"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Sep 24, 2012.

1. roddinron

roddinron

I THINK I know what you mean, so I'll take a shot at explaining what I've discovered. I've been working on a color for my project for a while now. I don't want to use pearl or candy just straight paint, but I want to get as much "contrast" in the paint as I can. What I've discovered is to use a bright silver base with a lot of fine metallic. Fine metallic seems to work better because it is more uniform in it's reflection, less sparkle or metal flake affect. Then add black toner to get the tone you want, then add the colors you're after.
    The fine metallic reflect the direct light through the toners creating a very bright highlight, and the black and color toners look darker as the viewing angle changes, for instance on a side view the top of the roof hood and deck, and lower roll of the body etc.
    Hope this helps.

2. roddinron

roddinron

Well it does stand for Pittsburgh Plate GLASS, maybe that has something to do with their color transparency issues.:D