Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paging Squirrel! Paging Squirrel!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TERPU, Nov 15, 2012.

1. TERPU

TERPU

Hello,

This is s duplicate post kinda, but this time Me and Beaner are hoping to find Squirrell.

I just had the luck to get a real live B&M hydro. It's off a Cadillac and has the C55 tag. So it's 55 Cadillac in origin. This much I know. But the other numbers & Letters have me puzzled.

DO C55 This is the Cadillac part but what is the DO for?

SS 5814 is the other set. Is that Super Stock?

Squirrel, me and Beaner were hoping you had the super secret info just laying around or rolling between those ears of yours. Turns out nobody on here has the info.

Thanks,
    Tim

Here is the offending Hydro-

[​IMG]

2. Send him a PM,,that way you can attach this post. HRP

3. Never mind the tranny, what about that springer front end behind it? :D

Beaner's lookin' for a new ride ya' know.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

SS on those old Hydros meant "slow shift"

they were used on the Caddys and Olds 98's. More of a luxury ride, so the neck snapping shift was not desired

5. TERPU

TERPU

Bobwop that's actually good news for me as a street car especially when the 5:38's get set. Do you run a Hydro?

Tim

6. TERPU

TERPU

Could be had, the springer is attached to a Generator Shovel. I like it but I'm not in "love" with it. It's actually been for sale casually.

Tim

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

8. Calling Beaner..... Calling Beaner....

Where are you buddy?

Wake up & get outta bed, got one on the line for you AND it's old school traditional!!! :cool:

9. Maybe you could casually tell me how much I have to find for it to change owners. Man everyone would think I jumped right into the 20th century if I owned a shovel all I have ever owned are panheads and flatties. ;)

Probably better handled by PM.

10. 73RR

73RR

11. Well hell, maybe it's time for you to stop being the Geico caveman and start being Flash Gorden. :D

12. OK while we wre throwing out numbers I am thinking that mine are about usless. mine had the red tag on it and it says B&M Hydro-stick.

Two sets of numbers:

on the left of the Logo it says 2397 and to the right of the logo it says 2,025,712. I am going to hazzard a guess and say that the second number is the sequence or mine in the 2 millionth one built?

I do know that mine is an olds tranny.

13. outlaw256

outlaw256

there ya go brother beaner!! but stop at the shovel, dont go for anything newer...lol

14. Looks to me like one phone call to B&M would get you the info you want,,,Why all the different opinions needed here?

15. TERPU

TERPU

[​IMG]

This one's for Beaner- The Hydro occupies the space where this parks.

tim

16. TERPU

TERPU

B&M has forsaken their beginnings and don't even know what you are talking about now. They really aren't into this old stuff anymore. They are really knowledgeable about their catalog stuff, and a little farther back. That's just the world us Dinosaurs live in now. So we have to find guys like Squirell who know darn near everything about this old stuff. It's like calling Mr. Gasket and asking about Joe Hrudka all you get is crickets.

Tim

17. belair

belair

Haven't seen Yorgatron in coon's age, but he would know, as may Paul.

18. Tim,
    You are absolutely correct. I wonder if any old guys still work there, some of those companies still have a couple of old guys around if you can just get through to them.

What happens most of the time when you call a tech line from an older company is that you get a young hired off the street person who has a book in front of them. No one tells them were they might find an old book to look in so they can only give you the answer from the book that they have at hand.

Its not their fault they just don't know any better.

On a side note:
    Damn, wide springer, bates light, drag bars, shot gun pipes. It could be one of mine without even trying.

19. Not to continue hijacking this thread but, God damn that's a freakin' nice shovel! :eek:

Beaner, your ass would look just right on this iron horse. :cool:

20. Just a natural progression from this one. You would be hard pressed to find a scoot any nicer that that one for damned sure.

Now just to get things back on track can someone splide past Squirrel's place and see if he is alright? Common I know that some of you AZ boys know him or where to find him or both.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  21. TERPU

TERPU

Damn Beaner that's one nice Scoot! At Bonneville to boot. I'm getting a little worried about Jim.

Arizona boys please go check on him for us.

Tim

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

He may be spending time at GG's event in Scottsdale...

R-

PS,I don't know a thing about B & M's...or scoots...!!!

23. You and I have about the same taste I believe, hydros and springers. It made it a lot more places than B-Ville while it was under my cheeks.

Never occured to me that Squirrel could be @ goodguys. I'll make sure he as a link and if we don't hear from him by monday sometime we'll start to get concerned.

24. Try contacting Crosley on the board or find him @ Hughes trans in Phoenix he may be able to help.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Walk towards the light Benno, Walk towards the light. Dont do it, keep the Olds....:(

26. TERPU

TERPU

Okay Beaner,

And yes, you have great taste :). too bad you aren't closer Happy Hour would be more fun!

See Ya,

Tim

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Tim:

If you ever met my friend Benno, you would know that it would not be Happy Hour. More like Happy Days!

Bob

28. 4woody

4woody

Gene, the Hydramatic guy mentioned is just down in Salinas, so it might be worth a trip. Just be prepared to spend some time...

29. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Squirrels out gathering his nuts for the winter.

30. I still get home once in a while. I'll be sure to let you know next time I am out.