Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods PacNW engine builder info wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearheadbill, Oct 1, 2019.

1. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Maybe a little O/T but I have a ChevyII 153cid 4 cylinder engine that I want to build and am looking for someone who understands these motors. Does anyone know a reliable builder who fits this description? Needs to be in the PacNW, preferably Seattle Metro area, but I'll travel for the right shop. Thanks!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. daves30

daves30

R&Q machine in Selah wa is a very knowledgeable machine shop/engine builder. Not Seattle but worth the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It rather depends on what your concept of "built" is. R&Q can handle it as far a good build goes as they build a lot of stout running engines for guys around here. Still there are some damned fine machine shops Up and down I 5 that can handle just about anything you throw at them.
    That said I don't know of any Chevy II 4 cylinder experts in the PNW there may be some shops that build them for certain classes of hydros but that is a different can of worms.

4. motion guru

motion guru
    from yacolt, wa

Eastco Machine in Gresham Oregon - a 3 hour jaunt from Seattle as long as you don’t leave during rush hour.

They have built GMC 270’s, 302’s and Chev 261’s with great results for me. They grind cranks in house and understand older inlines well. They do a wide variety of new and vintage 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines from mild to wild.

Craig Bloom is your guy . . .

Eastco Machine (503) 666-6288
    1850 NW Burnside Road
    Gresham, OR

Paul Bigornia and tractorguy like this.

5. john walker

john walker

Action machine in Shoreline.

6. Cope Bros. in Tacoma.
    Lot of experience with a variety of engines, passed down from the previous generation.
    I've had them do sbc's, bb's, Buick V6, and a flathead for me..about to take in a 283 I just bought to have them do the machining on it.