Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Packing Surprise!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rixtasan, Mar 1, 2016.

1. rixtasan

rixtasan

cfmvw, the calculator that got you through school is priceless! This missing carb and beer is a tragedy!! I just shed a tear for those six brews that lost their lives and the carb that went MIA. That just sucks!

56don, is right though. If you're shipping anything of value you really need to take great care in packing stuff properly because shipping companies will not treat your stuff gingerly.

cfmvw likes this.
  2. I received a Model A Roadster windshield frame with glass.... Well sort of.... It arrived with a forklift hole through the box and the part and had glass bits filling the bottom of the box!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. indyjps

indyjps

I've received new stuff wrapped in 1965 newspaper, makes ya wonder.

I shipped a set of bare cylinder heads, bagged the head in a garbage bag, shot expandable foam into the box between the head and the box, buyer appreciated that one.

I was selling some books and used soda case cardboard turned inside out to make light weight boxes. Buyer gave funny feedback on that about diet dr pepper.

I'll step it up next time I sell something.

rixtasan likes this.
  4. if it was me and that bastard jumped on me and then up my leg, the lady would have been covered with the shit I would be spewing while running by

rixtasan likes this.
  5. Clik

Clik

I've gotten candy and other little bonuses. I can't eat candy but it's nice to know that someone went a little further than they had to. I've sent duplicates that I had of collectible Hot Rod and Motorcycle magazines as package padding.

6. HAhahahahaha! That sounds like Benno for sure! Your brother sent me a Rodder's Digest I wasn't expecting to help finish out my collection a few weeks ago..what a nice surprise!