Register now to get rid of these ads!

packard piston crown to pin centerline dimension needed....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zig Zag Wanderer, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

...for 352 v8, i have a possible use for some pistons but need this spec along with pin diameter. anyone up for this?

2. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

There a guy on the Webrodder.com forum, who plays with Packards, maybe he or Rich Fox here could tell you

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Pin dia. .9804. I honed my rods to .990 and use BBC pins. 2.090 center of wrist pin hole to piston crown. Quick measurment + or -. I have the number for an Arias piston if you want to step upfor that, or could get you a Cerobend casting of the combustion chamber and cylinder top. Makes it easy for piston mfg. to make a high dome piston. I use 13:1 in mine. If you want some old dead 352 pistons that are pretty scruffy, reimburse me the UPS and I'll send you 4 or 5. Don't have a full set.

4. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

thanks rich, i have got a line on some venolia forged units i think i'd like to try to use for another application (top secret stuff!), sounds promising so far. i appreciate the help.