Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pablo Escobar's 1936 3 window?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shock733, Nov 2, 2009.

1. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

Just bought this 1936 Ford 3 window from all places, Bogota D.C. I was told it was a daily driver. Can't tell if I love the custom work or hate it. Wonder how much blow it took to finish? Comes with a stock hood and grill. I hope there is something left of the fenders, I here they are hard to find. I see a 3" chop, fender skirts, some white walls on those 16" wire wheels and a 39 LaSall grill in its future. I'll check to see if they left a few kilos in the seats.

2. dudley32

dudley32

I'm sorry......lose the front sheet metal.....

3. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I'm speechless......

I hope you got a good deal on it. I saw it on eBay, but never watched the auction. Assuming you are going to bring it back to more traditional ???

Doug

4. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I will be watching this "unbuild"!

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

This monstrosity was on a thread a few weeks ago. Truely horrifying in concept and execution... Best of luck bringin this back...

6. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

No offense, man, but dude that did that front end must have been sampling the product!

7. belair

belair

8. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's crazy to think that somewhere, somewhen, someone was proud of that front end work they did..

9. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

Before bringing it back I would find out the history...I'm not keen on the job either, but its remained that way for some time and for a reason..the history might be more value...

10. 31whitey

31whitey

11. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I would hope you got a good deal but it is a three window 36 so it can be cool again just dont use rhe cocaine:D

12. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I saw this a couple weeks ago on a thread. I thought that guy just bought......

My response then is the same as it is now. It's a savable car. Get rid of that front end and rear fenders, do what's needed to bring the basic body back from the dead and build a decent car out of it.

I've seen nice cars that started out worse than this one, so anything is possible.

Rich

13. I guess that's why they call it "customizing"!! That thing is hidious! Hope you get enough good pieces to build a nice rod.
    Take lots of pics, no one will believe what you started with.

14. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

Great deal. This car is a result of a simple formula; cocaine+sawzall+cocaine+welder+more cocaine+old pickup parts x it seemed like a cool idea at the time = the escobor 3 window

15. All of the above, but not in any special order!

16. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

Searched but could not find that thread. If you see it let me know. I have the title in hand and did the wire transfer today [ just for the transport to Fla ]. HOPE I'M NOT THE SECOND GUY TO BUY THIS CAR.

17. Maybe the front fenders were for .... um "cargo"

18. trad27

trad27

I think it has some potential, if you got a good deal on it. I could be wrong but it dosent look like the body has been modified. find some fenders and your half way there.
    EDIT: ok besides the rear of it

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ooooo...yeah....it's ....not good. Yikes.

20. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Don't sweat trying to "preserve" whats been done to that car, your instincts are on target. That whole front end deserves the crusher.

The fenders look heavily altered, but I guess you never know the real truth till the paint comes off. You can still find front fenders, rears for coupe are harder to find but possible, just not cheap!!

Good luck!

21. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I like the Jesus fish on the back. And the gas tank is probably where you'll find any "extras"....

22. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

You may be right the gas tank. I have 76 pictures and not one shows a gas fill.

23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I started the other thread as " The worlds ugliest '36 Ford 3/W " or something like that, after several pages on the subject it was "deleted" by the powers that be.
    Who is Pablo Escobar?????????????

24. scrape

scrape

whats with the windshield?
    i cant wait to see the rebuild....

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

A very sleepy, Columbian drug lord,:eek:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Who is Pablo Escobar?????????????[/QUOTE]

Drug Lord!! Watch the movie " BLOW"

Beat me to it bro!!:D

27. WOW!!! That is.....interesting.....Good Luck!!

28. maybe in the future it could be like the old shine runners and be worth something like that but it sure is ugly. i think yourll do it justice for want of a better expression.

29. I would call it "ESCO-BARF",LOL......
    Doubt it's the same Pablo Escobar that was the Drug Lord! Pablo Escobar,might be as common as Joe Smith where it came from...

30. Congratulations on your purchase. It is now your car, to do with it what you will. You obviously saw potential in the car, which is why you bought it. Good luck with it, and have fun.