Register now to get rid of these ads!

P/S Hose Nor Cal question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo442, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Turbo442

Turbo442

I need to get a power steering hose fixed for my car.
    I have already tried the Kragens/Autozone and they were incorrect (don't fit worth a damn to be exact!). I just got one from OPGI and it is no better, just wrong in different angles:confused: I am thinking I will just take the ends and have new hose crimped on. Sound feasible?

I am in Northern California and need to find a shop somewhere near me. Anyone used any type of shop in particular? I heard hydraulic hose shops or forklift supply but don't know where to look.

Thanks for your help.

2. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

Go to NAPA or a dealer

3. Turbo442

Turbo442

NAPA didn't have it and the dealer no longer carries it. Might help if I said what it was for, huh? My 72 Monte Carlo. I know it's new for this board but with all the odd, random and obsolete stuff you guys wrench on, you may have had this same problem.

4. Turbo442

Turbo442

Wish a tube bender would work but this thing snakes in all the wrong directions, bending it or straightening it just isn't going to work. I need to just have my ends put on a new hose.

5. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

Called My napa store, it is a disperbution center. They have it and can ship it out tommorow.

6. Try Carquest in Vallejo on Calousa ask for Jeff or Keith they used to be able to make custom high pressure hoses. I don't know if they still can but its worth a try

7. chopndrop

chopndrop

I know the NAPA in Salida (little town just north of Modesto) used to make hoses. There is also a place here in Turlock that said they could make a hose I was looking for, hydrolic clutch hose for my 57 Ford truck for about $50. Parts Unlimited was the name I think.