Register now to get rid of these ads!

Overhalling: How did day do dat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RodLand, Mar 7, 2006.

1. RodLand

RodLand

Just watched the A build on Overhauling. Did not see the firsrt of it. Did I miss something?:D How did they use wide five wheels on a nine inch rear?:confused:

The car looked Great!

2. Terry

Terry

Funny, I was wondering the same thing!

3. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Speedway sells adapters to do that.... racecar stuff

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Had to be. It had discs on the front too.

5. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

hotrodding and circle track go hand in hand you realy need to check out some circle track parts suppliers. Need special brackets check out Lefthander Chassis catalog. Wide five adapters ,wheels quickchanges etc.some are the same parts sold in streetrod catalogs at a lower cost !Circle track and Stock Car magazine are a good place to start

6. Bugman

Bugman

The wide 5 pattern is very very common on roundy rounds. Makes for a very light wheel.

7. rocknrods

rocknrods
    BANNED

Shhhhhhh;)

8. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

bitter about something?

9. KCRodder

KCRodder

No.

Didn't know you could get wide 5 adapters from speedway though.

10. specialk

specialk

From the OP

11. kustom72

kustom72

Yeah, wasnt nuts over the disk brakes either, but at least they went I-beam and ditched the tube axle, and days of body work...that was an expensive build, dude was lucky, end results beat a hacked up sedan anyday. That dude sure showed some calm at the "inpound yard" I would have been arrested for sure.

12. Gotzy

Gotzy

13. I watched that show last night and thought it was awesome. It shows them old hot rod bodies ain't as easy to make purty as the muscle car stuff. It was the first build ever to over run.

I think they did some awesome stuff. I have to say I did like the car alot before they even started.

Chip was in there painting, cutting, bending - he fucking rocks. Very cool guy. That hood was awesome.

I really dug the old Y block build. I was wondering how they did the wheels too. Thanks.

I'll bet old Charlie sleeps a lot better now.

My wife said the fire wall was too much. I liked it though.

That episode really shows how much work it takes for one man to build a car in his own little shop. Think about it, they had somehting like 35 people on that sucker for 8 days. Say they had 16 hour days - that's almost 4500 man hours. - thats 112 (40 hour) weeks or over 2 years for one man putting in straight 40 weeks.

Now do that in your garage by your self with a normal job and family.

It's Crazy.

Oh yeah - 4500 hrs x 50 bucks an hour = $225,000. That doesn't even include parts.

50 bucks an hour may be cheap for some of the shit they did. And people think you are fucked when you want to sell a built car for 30K.

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

15. A few years ago-I made one from 1/2" flat steel plate cut in a circle.....two patterns were drilled-.5lug 0n 5-1/2" and 5lug on 10-1/2" patterns-larger pattern had lug bolts pressed in from the rear on the wide five side and drilled holes for the rear end hole's pattern...........it worked great and was cheap to make.

Attached Files:

• my29.jpg
      my29.jpg
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
  16. If the IRS uses that formula to calcuate labor as income, that dudes now got a tax bill somewhere in the neighborhood of "Grasp ankles firmly!"

17. brandon

brandon

looked like at the end it had buick drums on the front.....or possibly socal functional fakes....brandon