Register now to get rid of these ads!

Overdue Intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DFH-GMC, Jun 14, 2012.

1. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

I came across this place as I was searching for photos of old cars. Google dropped me into the middle of "Vintage shots from days gone by", there went about two months I'll never get back. From there I went to "Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread", more lost time.

Then I started to actually read I quickly figured out that there is some real info here, you guys really know your shit!
    So after about six months of reading I thought I would do my intro.
    I have reached the end of the internet and it is the H.A.M.B.

or:

Another F.N.G. fron Texas.

My current project is a 1959 Corvette that will be a done as a poor boys high school street racer.

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga

3. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Welcome to the hamb from The Great State of Maine. Would love to see some pics of the '59. Very cool year for those. Kinda the way I found the hamb also...did a Google search for modifieds and here I am....and actually building the modified! Lots of great ideas, bought some nice parts for the car and have chatted with some nice folks.

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

I will post pics as soon as I find them and scan them, it's been a while since it ran.

6. Welcome from Wisconsin.

7. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

Finally found and scanned some pics the shot of the rear is from 1980, the front shot is from when I repurchased it.

Attached Files:

8. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Wow...repurchased, not too often we let one get away and then get a chance to get it back! Sounds like a good story.

9. DFH-GMC

DFH-GMC
    from Texas

Long story, but yes very lucky.

10. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

cool car welcome from oklahoma lots of great guys and info here good luck robert :)

Attached Files:

11. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Hello from Northern CA. Everyone here likes the kind of stories that feature re-acquiring "the one that got away". If you have the time, post about it in the main forum with any pics of the car from then to now.

Pete