Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Outstanding H.A.M.B'ers recognized

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sky Six, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I am challenged when it comes to modern electronic items like phones and computers. I say that because it sounds so much better than saying "dumber than a box of hood ornaments".
    As I only post personal pictures taken at local cruises and shows, I wanted to upload pictures directly from my phone to the site instead of the bass ackward way I had been using.
    I had two problems: first, I have an ANDROID and secondly, I had no idea how to do it. I started a thread: "Old guy need help with modern devices".
    I was really embarrassed to ask and hoped I could get some help. I received 27 answers !
    @Moriarity did everything but fly out to Arizona to help me , which involved hours of tutoring. @corncobcoupe, @lothiandon1940, @LAROKE, @wraymen, and @sevenhills1952 all made very helpful posts and acted as a cheering section. After all of the help I finally sent a picture from my phone, It went to the wrong thread but what the hell.
    I just wanted to publicly acknowledge them for the time that they spent helping me and sharing their insights and experience. What a great place this is.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Wish I still had the old MSN TV web box hooked up.... Microsoft dumped us users some years ago... Now I gotta view the HAMB on my cheesy Android cellphone....:(:rolleyes:

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I too, am doing everything on my Android, but I am not using the app, I just run through my search engine and have had no issues at all that way.

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Sky Six if you put one of these--> @ in front of the name of each of those fine Upstanding Young Men...:confused:...I mean Hoodlums...:D...they will get your notice that you mentioned them...Clik edit and try it...like this @Sky Six

And you will notice when you type a name like that a drop down will appear and you can select the Hamber from there or just type the full name in either works.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

where are the pics? no pics didn't happen - Ha! - so, what are the most basic steps that helped you achieve your goal that you can share?

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes I do the same...but have a desktop at home which I prefer...but with the Phone my Hamb Addiction is Rock Solid...:D

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I liked your post but that does suck a bit...hope you get something worked out.

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  8. ................Glad we could help. :)

9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Thank you for the tip. I did as you mentioned and edited the post. Pretty soon I can add the title "Apprentice Moderator" to my name.

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm still learning myself...and getting even fairly simple things done involves a lot of written instruction...baby steps...then Moderator...:D

Everyone you added that @ to has a flashing alert when they login now...Good stuff...;)

11. catdad49

catdad49

I learn new things here All the time! Doesn't mean I retain it, but there's plenty willing to help if you ask.

12. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

First off, @wraymen sent me a page from Wikihow that had instructions and pictures that helped greatly, @sevenhills1952 sent details of how he used his phone. @Unique Rustorations offered his time to talk on the phone to walk me through the process.
    @Moriarity took at least 5 or 6 posts to slowly walk me through the process and kept me calm when I was ready to throw the phone across the room. I swear, its easier to build a fuel motor than use the electronic stuff.

As far as the pic, its on here somewhere:), not sure where:confused:, but its here and I have witnesses :D.

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you had a pic Uploaded on any of your posts in this thread there would at a minimum be an image...like below...in your post...

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0_20190617_202444.jpg

:rolleyes:...Fullsize entry

0_20190617_202444.jpg

:rolleyes:...Thumbnail Entry

Just Gary, pitman and Deuces like this.
  15. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

The pic is in the questions/suggestions section. and its full size... maybe someone will magically move it. its the '57 in second gear.

Deuces, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Here's his test pic.....Good job, sky six.:) 20190621_170336.jpeg

Sky Six, OLSKOOL57, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's what tunnel ear is for...:p...problem is even the good stuff falls out too...:D

catdad49 likes this.
  18. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Hot Damn, I knew it was on here somewhere !!! Thank you so much.

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

you will be posting like a pro before you know it

20. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Like anything...practice. You can click on the picture Stogy posted. Then press 3 dots upper right corner. "Share" & "Save" appears. Press save & picture went to my gallery. Share then you get choices...I chose a drawing app I downloaded. There you can write on it.
    Trying different things it gets easier.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Sky Six, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I am techno challenged also but I too have a HAMB angel.
    I requested some photoshop help on my roadster from one of my color photos, I wanted a Firestone sign put over the man door of my shop.
    @Stogy responded with this photo that I quite cherish, he put another one between the doors too, he even put a 1932 Oregon plate on it (welcome surprise), how cool is that.
    I don't think I even asked for a "grayscale" version but I sure dig how this shot came out.
    Thanks man.

Denny's-garage_grey3.jpg

22. I'm glad you were able to find help in uploading from a phone, I don't know how to upload from a phone but I don't have a modern phone. Hello & Goodbye is about it on mine. HRP

Sky Six and Stogy like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's only on a Cellphone I think...One thing every Hamber posting should do is post pics saved to their Hardrive as it seems to minimize Red X syndrome and that Photobucket Out there storage stuff...man theres a lot of great Thread ruined by this...​

Deuces likes this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey 3 on the Tree...:confused:...well maybe...:D

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Well your in fine shape. You have the emojis down pat .:):p:D:cool:

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Denny and Your Welcome...I have a lot of fun with helping inspire others and for the most part have positive vibes in return...Being into these Old Vintage cars and understanding what you Guys and Gals have on your minds inspires me too.​

Deuces likes this.
  27. pitman

pitman

Would add, good ol' C9, Jay, to the old HAMB-ers, did more favors for us noobies.

Just Gary, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  28. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Its a 292CI, 206HP, 2BBL, 3 on the tree.

29. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

What you mean is...it's a REAL car! At least my definition of a real one!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Stogy likes this.
  30. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

20180518_205856.jpg

Deuces, Stock Racer, Stogy and 7 others like this.