Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Randy Sorabella

Randy Sorabella

My name is Randy Sorabella. My nick name, Outlaw X came about from a '69 GTX I used to street race back in the '70's. A friend of mine and I were cruzin' around trying to come up with a name for this beast, listening to ZZ Top's Fandango on the factor 8 track. Heard it on the X came on, and the line "The Outlaw X cuttin' through the air" played and we looked at each other and new the Outlaw X had been born. Drove to the store and picked up some contact shelving paper and pulled in to the garage and I laid on the woodgrain contact paper to the sides of the car. I wrote out the letters with magic marker and proceeded to cut them out with a razor blade. I then rattle caned it with a yellow and orange blend. pulled off the paper and outlined it with one shot black. After that everyone called me Outlaw X. I have been a car fanatic as long as I can remember. When I was 7 -8 Years old my older brother owned a '53 Ford he had bought out of the Hot Rod magazine classifieds. It had Packard taillights, frenched and tunneled headlights,tube grille red and white tuck and roll interior,etc. It was awesome. I remember every detail of that car. He taught me a lot. Ken was his name. Bought my first car when I was 15. A '64 Comet wagon, for $150.00 bucks I'd saved up from lunch money and mowing lawns. I got real skinny,Lol. First thing I did was custom paint it and stripe it. After that I striped, flamed , painted murals on all my friends cars and been doing it now for 40 years ,building muscle cars and Hot Rods. I also draw Hot Rod posters,t-shirts and just published a Hot Rod Coloring book. Old cars are one of my many passions. The Lord,of course being my number one passion, as He has blessed me with many gifts and a wonderful family and friends.

2. The GM Guy

The GM Guy
    from Wyoming

That’s a great story, Randy. I’d love to see some pictures of your work!

3. Yeah, Welcome, Randy. Post up some pics.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.