Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

My thoughts, the show was good. It had enough drama to keep my attention and enough of the car to keep it interesting.

I wouldn't expect a show on the discovery channel to be instructional. What the heck do some people want? A how to on building hot rods? It's entertainment. If you want instruction watch the PBS station in your area and learn how to paint or sew a freaking quilt.

2. "If you want instruction watch the PBS station in your area and learn how to paint or sew a freaking quilt."

Be a dear and post a link to the quilting show please, my mom would really enjoy that one. Thanks <!-- / message -->

3. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

I enjoyed the show. Better than a lot of other stuff that's on the air. So it didn't go into depth enough for some of you. I don't think it was ever set to be a Bob Ross build a hot rod in front of your tv show. It is set to please the masses and I believe thats what it did. I can't believe people on here will complain about a show that showcases the era of cars we love and build.

Oh, there's some drama? Yea you right, that's not real life. I work in a tool and die shop with 150 guys and 1 girl. Come tape my shop for a month it's all rainbows and butterflies.

4. kingofknights

kingofknights

any plans on teaming up with hines and winfield again for another kustom??

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lets keep this TV show post to the top, so everything else gets bumped to the next page and we miss it.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Watched the show last night. Better than other crap on Discovery. Not perfect, but head and shoulders above the rest of Discovery's programming. Most TV car shows are crap, and I'd rather be out in the shop turning wrenches than watching any of them. At least this show was good enough to watch if I don't have anything going on the cars.
    Loved the end result car, and it's definitely the kind of car most rodders would enjoy owning. Would have liked to know more about what went into it.

7. bump

(this post seems to be dying a slow death, just trying to keep it alive)

8. Thank You!

9. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

OK, same old shit....seems like shows have the reoccurring theme!
    first, I'm a poor misunderstood white boy from socal.
    second, no has the work ethic that I do.
    third, car drive's out of the shop!
    look guy's on the Hamb and most everyone else want to see how things are done and how tools work.
    take your Yoder give some history on it show how it can be used talk about some of the people that inspired you to use one.
    talk about tools that came from the aircraft industry and how they made there way into hot rodding. show at least one thing being made from one of your tools from start to finish thru out the show be it a planishing hammer,english wheel, pullmax, bead roller what ever.... that's what guy's what see....
    when guy's see how something is done they will hang on the edge of there seat, but when the show is predictable bullshit it's boring....
    Look we all know you have all the bad ass tools! show these Dick's how they work! put a little of your metal church into your shows!
    Honestly would you have be entertained buy this show if it wasn't about you....this could be a great platform for you and your shop and hot rodding in general, just try the reverse 90 percent how it's done 10 percent fluff.
    nothing personal... just one Dick's opinion......

10. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

41 pages of stroking Jesse. Carry on.

11. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Thought the show was dece. I will probably watch it again. Hopefully they can get more focus on the rides in future episodes. Was planning to buy an ASS hat a few months back but never did.... now I may be seen as a trendy kid. shit.

12. Maybe JJ could do just that... he could come on after Bob Ross (big haired artist with fluffy clouds and happy trees). Jessie could make happy little shapes of metal and fluffy paint jobs.

13. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

I liked the show.. So I must be a Dick... If the show does really well, we can all get our Austin Speed Shop apperal @ fuckin WallMart!!!

14. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

It's an ok show.

Sorry, I don't get the whole wanting "instructional" ???

Really? What the hell are you people....I just don't get it......

If you want to learn how to work on crap watch Spikes weekend morning shows......

Oh yea... and "all that drama"..... oh yea there was so much of that. It seems the ones that don't like all the drama are the 1'st ones to jump on a board and start some......

It's a tv show get over it and quit complaining...or change the channel.

15. For all the guys saying they'd rather be in the shop working on their own shit, get with the times and do both! I've got satellite and a pair of TVs in the shop so I don't have to miss a thing when I'm working on something. When there is nothing good on, I switch over to commercial free music - No more greasy, dusty CDs!

16. Can this be locked off now please - that's what's happened to every other Jesse James thread and usually much quicker than 40+ pages.

17. brandon

brandon

42 pages....imagine what would have happened if he flattened the car...lol

18. pure marketing brilliance! how to get 50000+ people talking/writing about the same old type of show. walking into an advertisers meeting "hey we have 40 pages of butt kissing from around the country, you should buy a spot"

19. fordman1

fordman1

I understand this was the premier episode with a lot of season set up, but I do hope a little more time gets dedicated to the cars in the future. Maybe make the cars the stars of the show not just something in the periphery? With that said, JJ has impressive skills and vision, looking forward to see what the talented crew at A.S.S. turn out!

20. RPL

RPL

Have a number of friends that have had car related TV shows. It's tough to please the majority viewers and get across what amounts to a huge amount of work while keeping it entertaining.

Enjoy Austin and the hill country. Best of luck on your new show Jesse.

Bob Longstreth

21. TinShed

TinShed

Now that it has aired I wish someone would post it on YouTube for us to cheap to pay to watch TV! :D

22. I guess my favorite build was that bike he did for Trump ... now that was sweet.

23. After three minutes, I was done. Too much "I'm right; you're wrong JJ ego."

He's talented; no argument. But he could use a couple of truck loads of humility.

24. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Maybe you could pay for tv if you sold that import truck in your avatar. ;)

25. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i aint no dick , dork !!!!!!!!!!!!

26. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

like most have said here, good but too much drama.

I'd be more interested in seeing a thread of at least one component from start to finish. I'm worried some numbnut is going to cut the steering post out of another IROC, chicken-shit weld it onto a piece of plumbing pipe and kill someone when it fails. If you're going to weld steering components, you better know what the f*ck you're doing.

too bad Bob didn't spill gas on the new paint, that would have been amusing....

27. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Paul.....it's called perspective...

guys take a look at these posts....Jessie your so cool, great job, remember me in your will, can I be your man whore....

I dont care either way...

28. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Well guys, on a lighter note...about my issues with not enough "tech" stuff on the show.....I've seen some really GREAT blow by blow "builds" here on the HAMB.

29. baytowngreaser

baytowngreaser

The California circus has officially rolled into Texas!...

30. rc57

rc57

I noticed some were wondering when it will re-air, I think Discovery has it listed for Sunday night-14th. More CAR stuff please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.