Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

X2
    Sorry but …. I gotta believe a man a shop and a show could stand on its craftsmanship alone….fallowing is for saps.

2. OlSchoolCruizin

OlSchoolCruizin
    from Tampa, fl

Caught part of the show tonight. Looked to be a bunch of typical hollywood bullshit to me. I was actually excited that this might be a cool show to learn something from. Instead, all I saw was Jesse fire some older guy and have drama with the guy doing the exhaust. Unfortunately, the masses are vacant. Drama is what it takes to keep them watching.It cracks me up how many people are ass kissing around here. I never thought this was that kind of crowd. I have to say, it is a clever marketing ploy to promote a tv show through an enthusiast website. I think I'll continue to keep the tv off and the old vinyl spinning.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Cool show. I'll watch it again. I'd like to see more of the finished product at the end... the camera moving slowly down the side, or across the top, or underneath. Show us some shots that we probably won't see anywhere else.

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I dug every minute of it...anybody that did'nt can go watch project runway. I for one will be watching future episodes. Thumbs up Jesse!

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You were in it for a couple seconds..

6. Watched it ... I would like to see more details of build like how extensive the body work was and how well did that windshield fit on the 32 after the mock up on the brook body ... Please give Bob more time in front of the camera he rocks!

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I thought the show was well done and I completely understand the premise that Jesse was trying to convey. How well can these guys work as a team and what is their level of commitment. I don't really think getting a tattoo is more important than the build. I would like to see more in depth building techniques and actual fabrication. All in all, I think the first show was a success and provided more than I expected.

8. FONZI

FONZI

9. fatbody

fatbody

New favorite show! Cant wait to see more of them. Keep up the good work Jesse. See you and the ASS crew next weekend at LSRU. Whats going down at the party this year?

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You get it too!

11. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Watched the show...twice! I don't do that very often. I liked the show, loved the 32. I was right with ya on the Duvall windshield. I am glad you are building real hot rods. You managed to build something new that has some soul. Too often that gets lost.....It's good to see Bleed being his camera whoring self, LOL. And I can't wait to see more from Tuck. That guy is the HAMB version of Foose.

12. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I think the show will be a huge success. I was only let down by the fact it ended so soon. Good job Man!

13. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

...and forgive me for calling a 32 Ford "new", hahaha....

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good show and an interesting build with some good explanation given on some of the details. I could do without the drama but I expect that is part of being on Discovery channel.

Seeing the car (s) on the cruise through the Texas Hill country in the last couple of minutes of the show was worth watching the show for. Not only the roadster that was just finished but a whole line of great cars along with it.

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

He said on the show a bunch of times that he owns part of it, judging from his leadership type role, he seems to be the majority share holder and the way I understand it is that the show will be about Jesse James at his new shop, Austin Speed Shop.

(not directed at you tfeverfred) :

It's pretty funny to me that some people are so upity about the whole thing, complaining and calling bullshit, and calling the show junk because of "all the drama". Drama is what appeals to the masses, yes. If the show was EXACTLY what all of us wanted, the members of the HAMB would be the only ones watching, and that shit doesn't fly when it comes to covering costs to even make the show, let alone make profit for discovery (spoiler alert, discovery channel is out to make money) It takes hundreds of hours of filming to get a solid hour of actual programming. And hundreds of hours of editing. Not to mention all the other million logistical things that need to happen to produce a show like this-all of which costs money, so they have to do something to keep the masses interested. I say hats off to Jesse for keeping it as real as the show could be to still make sense.

Ass kissing? Um, no. I'm just realistic and have half a brain enough to understand what's what. Why the fuck would I complain about a show that's on a major network that shows actually talented people building cool shit?

If you can't look past a little bit of drama for the sheep to see real cool shit being built, you're either retarded or you are unpleasable. I suppose all the shit talkers are watching cooler shows on cable tv? Get a grip, or man up and throw your tv out the window.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  16. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Very cool! Awesome The old man dug the show -- he wants to mail you a package...

17. Blackie

Blackie

Brilliant!

Sent from a pay phone

18. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Great show. I'll be watching whenever i can.

19. Westco48

Westco48

The word Drama is being thrown around here like "Change" was a few years ago. Everybody's on the DRAMA bandwagon...WTF

20. deto

deto

Fuck me. I took the day off work and forgot today was Monday. When will they re run it?

21. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I used to deal with Jesse before the first discovery channel show existed. He's talented and he does things many of us wish we could. I'm sure the show will do well and his comments like this one above show what kind of guy he is. Don't stop.

22. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

Good Show!

At the end of the day...I know its TV and drama sales. If you are watching TV for drama i suggest day time soap operas. I like watching all these shows for the simple fact that i get to see how things are created. Everything looks great at car shows but i enjoy seeing the steps that it takes to get them to look show worthy. So please do everything in your power to keep this show going.

Good Luck!

23. KWashburn

KWashburn

So, I watched the show with my pecker in my hand and without. It works for me.

The drama is going to be associated with any show you watch. Think about the marketing... Jersey Shore makes a shit load of money. As sad as that is, you have to view it from the dollar sign aspect. People are trying to make a living. If mouth hugs paid better, there would be a lot more people doing it.

Great show and a showcase of the skills available at ASS.

24. JxCentralCal

JxCentralCal

Looks like ill be keeping a look out for next weeks episode. Good shit austin speed shop.

25. Muttley

Muttley

I watched it, it didnt suck. With Bob's newfound fame and increasingly growing paychecks he should soon be able to afford health insurance....................and a new hat.

Tuck likes this.
  26. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr. James
    Awesome Show and You Are a Lucky Guy (Awesome Garage's!)

Motor Shows on TV:
    It's You're fault! You started it all with WCC...!
    Before that there was nothing but "Two Guys and a Garage"...
    And it was OK but...after you "figured out" how to replace sparkplugs and wind shield wipers...
    (In the new version they Hot Rodd’ed a Prius...(Barhpphh! had to turn it off!))

After WCC...BAM! we can make money making car guys fight on TV...or steal someone’s car and mess with them for awhile...Or even Theme Bikes..!@&?
    Yeah I confess...I watch that too......"FERRARI" BIKE!!

Hope the Producers don't Drama the Shit out of your show and Keep it up!

Mahalo
    T

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

WOW! 33 fuckin pages?

28. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

It was a good show and I enjoyed it, however, I would have liked it a lot more had it been more about the car and the fabrication. I felt it was a lot about how Jesse runs the shop and how he weeds the out the weak. A little more drama than I had hoped for. I would have liked to see more of the fabrication on the steering column/wheel and the body. I like watching these types of shows to see how the pros do the things I can not and to give me ideas on how to learn to do those things.

Keep up the good work and I will be watching the next one when it comes out.

29. Greezeball

Greezeball

Shit fuckin' Discovery Chanel didn't show it up here in Canada. Why is it that we don't get shows at the same time, friggin' retards think we'd rather see Mythbusters reruns from two thousand fucking nine!
    Maybe it'll educate the masses as to what's really cool in hot rods and customs and that big stereos and rims don't make a car custom.

30. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I happened to be in Austin on the first day and visited the shop. Dumb luck. Joyo was there and very accommodating.
    For the guys who think anything short of a how-to video sucks, I hope you took the time to watch Jesse's Metal Church videos. He's got something for everybody.
    Great show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.