Register now to get rid of these ads!

*outlaw garage*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

Jesse, Some of the things I would enjoy seeing more are home made parts with a shop foundry. I believe you made a few parts with one on the bike build off. I think that is so cool and a lot of guys would enjoy seeing and learning more about it.

Every fabrication show currently on TV if you minus the drama seems to be less fabrication and more putting together previously finished fab parts to magically build a finished product in 30-60mins (really a lot less if you factor in commercials). I would like to see a project evolving over 2-4 shows if it meant I really saw how things are being created. (plus it will bring people back to watch other episodes in that build)

The first time i ever saw an english wheel was on your show probably ten year or more ago, long before I ever started playing with metal. I remember how you explained the pressure you were applying and the feeling in your hands, recently on red jacket you mentioned the chattering in the mill and how it effected the cutting. I think I speak for the majority here that we do not have expensive CNC machines and water jets and use older or entry level lathes, mills..etc, I hope you keep using tools that relate to the average guy and show the tips and tricks of fabrication....those bits of info are treasure for the learning guy.

2. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

it's set to record on my DVR. as others have said, i'm sure, i just hope there's not a whole lot of manufactured drama. i hate that crap.

3. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Good luck with it Jesse,Ill be tuning in

4. Damn dude, your one pompus, smart assed, bad mouthed, ego maniac etc., etc. !
    No wonder we like you so much !!!
    I dont know how much of what we see of your character on these shows is the real Jesse James. (Im betting alot of it is put on) but I sure hope the hell not ! However theres no questioning your interest and skills when it comes to building some pretty awesome examples of custom cars and bikes. Besides that your into guns which pretty much rounds out your clean-cut, all-american boy image!
    Im with the majority here and pretty damn psyched about the show, especially since its just down the road a piece.
    Have some fun, build some kick ass stuff and you'll do fine.
    In other words, "keep doing what you been doing".
    Hey, since your the producer can you throw in some scantilly clad cuties just to... you know, spice things up every once in a while?
    C'mon man, its not like your in prime time here. That is .. IF your the producer ?!!!
    If anybody can do it, you can (or you dont have a hair on your a$$) !
    Oh yeah, do us a favor and try not to fall victim to the excruciatingly lame and over dramaticized OCC fiasco. We understand the biker buildoff thing was just the segway to this show. Of course you couldnt win cause its their show. Irrespective, you won it anyhow.
    Break a leg man !

5. Slipped Wrench

Slipped Wrench
    from TN

DVR is set, so add another dick to the list waiting for the asshole. :D

As has been said many times, just build shit and leave the drama to the OCC boys.

6. el shad

el shad

When the hell do you dorks work on your shit? It seems all everyone is doing is nerding out on the computer and watching TV.

7. I spend about 2 hours a day. That's all I am good for I am afraid. :eek:

My two hours today were spent mowing. But I did spend a little time in the bathroom, so I did get to work on my shit a little. ;)

8. el shad

el shad

I was just trying to see who's skin I could get under. I have always followed JJ's work, and will check this one out too.

Good to hear from you Beano.....BUEY!

9. Andas aprendiendo hombre. Por fin no seras medio bruto. :D

10. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Looking forward to this one. Would'nt miss it. DVR is set!

11. Glad you're back on. Looking forward to this.
    Best of luck with it.
    RB

12. Tank

Tank

I've always had a great amount of respect for you, and everything you build. You're a true craftsman! If I had cable, I wouldnt miss it! Good luck in all you do!

13. el shad

el shad

You can come over to my place, kick it a while, and watch. I'll buy the beer.

14. good luck with the show dude! BTW fuck the Turtles!! hahahaa!!

15. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Ill check it out...

16. pregrid

pregrid

No offence, the vid (had to go to yahoo search, vid wouldn't play. Hope it's the same one) looked like a lot of the same old shit! Deadline, drama, etc. Hope I'm wrong. I'll be watching. got a lot of respect for Jesse's ability, far exceeds anything I will be able to do, EVER. Want this to be a good watch.

Dave

17. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Looks cool, might have to get my TV turned back on..

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'll be watching it, and wishing i could still use my hands, 'cause i'm inspired by real builders, not douchebags rolling around in shitboxes and 4-doors, jumping on the anti-jesse wagon.

19. Canuck

Canuck

20. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Good luck to all the A.S.S. guys.

My 12 year old son, Jay, and I took his project down to Austin a couple of months ago so the frame could get the A.S.S. treatment. The guys were great. He left the shop a big fan. Rocco gave him a skull cap and t-shirt...and he wears that damn hat everywhere. The roadster was out for paint so we didn't get to see it but Bob told us about the show and we have been looking forward to watching. Jay flipped out when he saw the roadster pic with his pickup in the background...awesome. Cool stories for his first Hot Rod....so Thanks.

Needless to say, we'll be watching tonight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I don't watch much TV, but will be going to a friends shop to watch this...
    Best of luck to all of you at Austin Speed Shop!

Oh, and I'm not a Dick. Well, at least I try not to be...

Malcolm

22. mcknight05

mcknight05
    from Ontario

In one hand im looking foward to what I like and do on tv. But on the other hand im afraid of it snowballing and spinoffs offs theme builds for window and corn seed companys. but as a hot rodder and off roader best of luck Jessie

23. Markgyver

Markgyver

Good luck on the new show.
    Im looking forward to it and the DVR is set. Hopefully it will focus on the build and how things are fabricated and made. If I see another so called automotive show of two guys bolting on a exhaust system or a supercharger in a camaro Im going to have to slit my wrists.

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With what I've seen come from that shop down there I have high hopes that this is worthy television for real car guys. The hands on talent is a given, but I hope the technical staff has done all of you right. You were stoked enough to let it out here so no fingers to cross IMO. Lookin forward to it.

25. After this thread, Jesse won't have to wash his nuts for a year.

Give it a rest, fellas. The show will be on in a few hours and then you guys can get back to the knob slobbering until next week's episode.

26. I'm still pissed that you crushed that poor little Anglia - it wasn't it's fault that you couldn't get it done!

27. I hope it's half as good as "Pimp My Ride"...........................

28. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

29. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Out with the dark ages wow someone needs to tell my boss cause he,s the biggiest ass of all !!!

30. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

im going to watch! love your stuff/ fab work. truly inspiring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.