Register now to get rid of these ads!

"OUTKASTS" Car Show---Mitchell, SD photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MCINK, Sep 28, 2008.

1. CrazyD

CrazyD

South Dakota?? were the hell is that?:D

2. I think you misinterpreted my thought and took your reply to the extreme. I don't see any museum pieces in this thread.

The thought I usually have when this rat rod issue comes up is that there's one of them there gall dern continuums. Shock rods are at one end, show cars are at the other, and I'd guess that neither are driven regularly. Most of us have something in between.

I think the ratty rod element rebels against "billet" and "goldchainer" elements of perfection. That perfectionism hates the imperfectionism, and vice versa. So, it goes "Oh yeah? You don't accept me? Pffft, I don't accept you- so there". Behold my ___ rod! In your face!

To sum it all up, maybe we should blame RAT RODS on KIRK! and Billetproof. Maybe that's why he feels impelled to argue- because he feels guilty for starting the whole mess. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Thanks,
    Kurt

3. Most of South Dakota is WEST of Chamberlain and EAST of the James River;):D I dunno what you call that area in between?

If anyone can't get the sarcasm yes, I do disdain Mitchell and like many South Dakotans Redfield and Huron as well. Has to do with sportsfans in the state I grew up in.

4. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Looks like I'm going to have sell my bedpan air cleaner now...shit.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

I invented them right after I invented the internet. It was a very busy day.

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Everytime I saw him, he was molesting girls:) Gary

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...it's 9:25...time for poo...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I like your style. Good point Denise. Gary

9. South Dakota hasn't had this much attention since...............

Denise is right, rat rods are the new trailer queens!

Ten pages so far, do I hear eleven, eleven pages anyone?

10. Your stuff went out yesterday Jerry. :) maybe we hit 11?:D

11. pipty6

pipty6
    from Tracy

Where's FONZI?

12. LongFord

LongFord
    BANNED

right on man...some kids think that if the car show aint in cali they can trash the fuck out of it and the cars.....ignorance...

13. but bdr is king of the clowns and ryan can write what ever the hell he pleases. and you cant tell me wish bone isnt cooler thatn the that cat-traption wich looks like it was a damn nice model A body not that long ago

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I envy your regularity.

15. Don't forget about the distributor sticking out of the timing cover....Another ingenious drunk moment :D

16. If you're referring to the T bucket - how else is it supposed to run????

17. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

why on earth is this thread still going??

18. Louis Chevrolet just rolled over in his grave. It's a 31 Chevy based bobbed roadster. Remember the devils always been in the details.

19. Question: How ratty does a rat rod have to be to deleted as Off Topic? When some people scan the HAMB, often they just look at the pics and scan or skip the text. So, they read Traditional Hot Rods & Customs Only and assume the cars in the pics are Traditional style cars. Do ya think deleting the POS crap is censorship or focus? I think the moderators have a fine line to walk.

20. vintage tin

vintage tin

WTF, you are really reaching on that one. You couldn't find anything else to bitch about? all you could come up with was "Don't forget about the distributor sticking out of the timing cover....Another ingenious drunk moment :D"

I think that reverse flow engine on that car is all right. you have the smarts to build one?

21. Sticks

Sticks

I think with all the rants etc. about our club and our show is a sad deal.
    The show hosts a lot of nice cars from what some may call rats to some very fine customs and rods & people.
    I can see how easy it is to smack people and their cars down when you are setting at your computer. I see a lot of that here on the HAMB. Not much space for original thinking.
    I talked with a lot of people that show up for the show some of their cars were posted here on the HAMB and these people were very proud of their cars that they build some were there first builds.
    To the people that came out for the show we would like to say thanks and thanks for all that were standing up for the club, cars and show.
    We hope to see you all next year.
    Sticks

22. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Nothing wrong with a cam driven distributor. Many cars run them when space issues call for such measures. Blown cars and quite a few injected cars run front mounted Distributors.

Most of the Ford SOHC drag engines ran them back in the day and quite a few still do.

Dude, gets some old mags and catch up!

23. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

if only to add fire to this furore (look it up)
    but here are a few more cars from the Outkasts show last weekend
    surely they are bound to offend someone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't you yourself find this last group more attractive as well??;)

25. Much better pics for the HAMB, especially that '40 Ford Coupe. The Diamond T truck is very cool, I've never seen that one before, where is it from?

26. I couldn't fine anything to be offended by in the last set of photos. I noticed the lettering on the rear of the '34 coach, "Real hot rods don't have fenders". I'd add "or rust"
    Thumbs up & hats off the the builders/owners.

27. Stone

Stone

That reverse flow motor is awesome. A have corresponded with the builder before. Very cool & knowledgeable guy.

28. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

It looks like Bo had a good time in Mitchell

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  29. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

MCINK, thanks for showing us that there were more nice cars there. Why didn't someone do this a long time ago? I'm betting against both offense taken and furor (look it up).

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i should kill myself for reading this whole thing!