Register now to get rid of these ads!

Out-running the cops after a drag race or a burn out.....ever done it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Muttley

Muttley

I refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself.

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I can understand them getting on you for street racing, but if you just light up the tires with no one around, who's it gonna hurt?

3. lorodz

lorodz

one time i was racing a car on out local 231 drag srtip thats the local street racing highway..anyway blew past a cop at 120 and kept going he gave chase and i had him but i figured if i kept going the radio is fast than me .
    so i pulled over way before he caught up .so he gets to the window and says did you at least beat him so i said yea i did ..lol...he took my information comes back to my window and says your licence is clean go home i was like holy shit that smy only get out of jail free card and went home for the nite

4. STILL OLD

STILL OLD
    from tennessee

Last year, when I first got My Anglia on the road, I drove it to work! Well, I had this big mouth boss, Who all day long, bad mouthed My ride. It was, that pos, and It's gotta chevy, it won't run. I had had it, so when I left, I pulled out on a side street between work and a Zaxby's chicken place. I backed down the st. a little bit, and did a 6 grand burn-out thru 1st and 2nd. I got stopped at the stop sign, and by the time the smoke cleared, I heard sirens,and saw the blue lights.I pulled over,I just knew I was going to jail!! The cop walks up to the window and say's "Did You not see me sitting in the chicken place?" He was in a unmarked car. I said " Officer do You think I would have done that had I seen You sitting inthe ckicken place?" He asks for My license,checks Me out, and then asks what I thought I was doing! I tell Him the story about Bigmouth. He then tells Me that He knows it's a hotrod, But you can't drive it like that on the street,blah,blah,blah, then tells me that He was going to let Me off with a warning!!! Then he says" I gotta ask, how old are you anyway?" I tell Him 60, and he just laughs and says" have a nice day" then He says "By the way, I like Your car"

Buzz

5. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I know this one guy, who was driving his o/t autocross/daily driver up to visit his mother, who lived in a rural town. Turned onto the road his mom lived on, which was about 4 or 5 miles long with only one intersection in it, that is just chock full of twistys and is a blast to go railing down.

Well anyways, he was doing a little bit of some "spirited" driving, about two turns away from his Moms, he slowed way down and just cruised in to the driveway that jsut happened to be blocked by a line of trees.

Jumped out of his car and looked down the driveway just in time to see the local sheriff go blazing down the road, with the lights on but no siren. He wasnt sure they were after him, but he wasnt taking a chance, jumped back in and pulled the car behind the barn.

Ended up hangin out at his folks a little bit longer than he originally planned!

6. There is stoplight racing and there is street racing way out in the country, two different things!

Then there is out running the law.

There was a link posted a few pages back about a tragedy by "Oldguard".

Here is a direct link, read the whole thing, you will be glad you did. :)

http://www.streetkingsokla.com/Aaronspage_1.html

7. fordupchevydown

fordupchevydown
    from prineville

1970 boss 302 four years old outrun the town police and two state police men cuaght me later but they were embarresed i could tell a week in jail and a fatty ticket but got to love the 302

8. James427

James427
    BANNED

I tried three times. I got away only once. But that was back in a time when cops would get angry about making them chase you, but judges would not treat you like a terrorist when you went to court about it. That was back when reason amd logic prevailed.

9. At 18 I had a 1967 GTO convertible. (in 1979). A 1968 GTO pulls up beside me and blips the throttle. The light turns green and neither of us took off like we were actually on a track but we both got on it a good bit.

DUDE, my first car was a 1967 GTO Convertible. At 18 (1983) went the street races at Sepulveda and I forget, laid a big huge burnout in front of Winchells, thought I was so cool 'til I went back to cruise through the parking lot, shut the car off to get a donut and a cop was there eating his donut when I did this. Guess what, he wrote me a ticket while eating his donut with one hand and resting his coffee and ticket book on my fender. Car was in primer but he saw to it to spill coffee on my fender. Which stained so I had to sand and repaint. Which I had time to do because I was walkng to school for a loooonnngggg time. My parents never understood.

10. Never a drag race, but, did get out of several tickets due to very kindly police officers... in my first car, '66 Mustang... The way I figure, I got out of nine tickets before I got my first ticket (meaning either pulled over or tailed)... and now I'm a good driver...

11. Oh wait, I recently took my '55 Chevy to a sunday car show in a rural part of town. At 5am I pulled up to a stop light. So quiet you heard crickets. Just ahead of me was the parking lot. I have a 350 with fenderwell headers and free flow tiny little bullet mufflers. The light turned green and I laid on it hard n heavy thru the first three gears. BWAAAP BWAAAP BWAAAAP, DAMN THAT WAS LOUD. And just gave me a woody. Well I slowed down and pulled in the lot and parked. Got out. Look over my left shoulder, OHHH! A cop was right there enjoying his coffee. He looked at me, I looked at him and just walked over, hands in my pockets, head hung low, " yes I know, sorry ". He said " I didn't see a thing, I'm just observing. BITCHIN' though. Don't ever do it again. " " ok ".

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, but I didn't mean to...seriously. It was 1978, 21 years old, working the midnight shift at the Ford auto plant. (18-mile rd. and Vandyke in Sterling Heights for anyone who knows the area.) I had a decently fast 1970 Javelin SST with a warmed-up 390, automatic, limited-slip diff, and 70-series bias-plys. Whenever I really layed into it from a dead stop, that car would fishtail about 7 times before finally catching up with itself. I lived with my girlfriend about 2 1/2 miles north of the plant...off of Mound just north of 20 mile rd. It was lunchtime...about 3:00AM, and I had invited a coworker to join me. My girlfriend had lunch waiting for us at the apartment. Headed west on 18 mile, and north on Mound...two lanes north and two south, separated by a median...zero traffic. Traveling at 90mph+, we blasted by the closed Shell station at 19 mile rd. I did notice a car sitting immediately in front of the station, and thought it was a station-wagon with a luggage-rack. But it was dark, and I was mistaken. We continued to 20 mile rd, and caught the whole red light. While waiting for the light to turn, I noticed headlights a ways behind us getting closer, but wasn't too concerned. The light turned green, I nailed it, the car did its swervey little dance, and we were off. About 1/4 mile up the road, I slowed down to hang a left and cross the median towards the apartment. Just then, blue and red lights lit up behind us, and I pulled over in the median. Uh-oh...I'm in trouble. The first thing out of the cop's mouth was, "What d'you got in this thing?" as opposed to, "Licence and registration, please"...or worse yet..."Would you mind stepping out of the car, sir?" Somehow I got the feeling it was gonna be OK. I told him what the car had, and that we worked at the plant, and that we were headin' home for luch. He exclaimed, "I was doin' 90, and you were pullin' away from me from the light!" I really didn't know what to say...I had to resist the urge to laugh. He continued..."Well, I know it's the middle of the night, and there's no traffic, but ya gotta slow 'er down some...we had a woman killed out here last night in an auto-accident." That last statement kinda wiped the smile off my face, and I appologized and promised I'd take it easy. "Have a good night fellas." were his last words to us. Whew.

13. mtflat

mtflat

Story told to me by my dad: Back in the day I had an uncle who outran the cops during an outing. Weren't many cars that could keep up with his Buick w/ the straight 8. When he finally went home the officer was sitting in his driveway waiting for him to come home. The local po po recognized the car and knew where he lived. Small towns are that way...............

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

One time i was in my coupe heading to a buddys house. I got fenderwells and no mufflers, so she barks when you get on it, but if you pussy foot it you can mimic mufflers. Anyway im puttin along this 2 lane road that runs right past the county cop shop and is a notorious speed trap. Traffic was kinda heavy, and i made the mistake of downshifting, which gave a good long RRRRRUMMMMMMMMM BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP right in front of a cop. he flicks his lights on ( he was sittin on the side of the road) and trys to pull out. All the cars behind me snugged up close and cut him off. He turns em off and backs into the spot again.

I took a different way heading back into town.

15. I had this '67 Impala SS that I had just put together, 327 with fueli heads, mild cam, etc. It ran well enough and could hold its own.

My younger brother borrows it for his HS senior picnic and leaves me his truck for the day. He never said a word, but his friends told me that he out ran a cop with it.

The car was marina blue with a gray primer nose, loud as hell. I got stopped more times for general BS after that incident. One night I was on my way home to my parent's house and a cop rolls out from a call box post and follows me with the lights on.

I hightailed it down the street, killed the lights and had a cut off on the brake lights and killed those too. The house had 2 driveways and I just pulled around the corner into the second one. I got out of the car and stood in the yard next door and watched him go by, 3 times. He never figured to look closer at the house on the corner.

I had to sell the car after that, just too much heat any time I took it out. The guy who bought it got stopped a ton of times and never could figure it out why. The heat eventually subsided when the cops realized that the car changed hands.

Bob

16. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Out running cops and high speed chases are not really cool although they sound exciting to tell after the event.

Just make sure you have a full tank of gas before you run.
    Some of the TV shows let you see how things end up.
    The cops only have to follow until you make mistake.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  17. strawberry

strawberry

18. burnout2614

burnout2614

I worked as a radio dispatcher for our local pd from the age of 17 to 19. Never got tickets but would rather have em than the endless verbal lashings I endured. I was chewed out by every local, county, state trooper AND 2 judges, one state representative and numerous other elected officials. They knew my Dad so I got DOUBLE ass-chewings. I drove 17 yrs without a single ticket. In 07 I was test riding a hot bike and got flagged for 122 in a 70. I wasn't too worried til I got 3 more tickets in the following 12 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have what you call a 'feather foot' now..........unless I am at the track! peace

19. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Back in 1982, I'm 22 years old. Had just spent the day at the lake and was headed to my buddy's house for a cookout. As I pass the house where my nephew lived he was just pulling out of the driveway in his hopped-up Nova. I'm driving a '71 Porsche 911 (NO, I was not a "rich kid". I worked my ass off to own that car). This is on a rural stretch of Rt. 40. Anyway, I mat the 911, he stands on the Nova and pulls away. We stay in it and around 100 he is running out of gear and I'm coming around. I get the 911 up to about 130, he is hanging not far off my back bumper. We round a right-hand sweeper and there, in our lane, is a State Highway Patrol Chrysler going about 50. If I slammed on the brakes I might, maybe, have been able to avoid rear-ending him, but no way that Nova is gonna make it. We both blow past the trooper at waaay over 100. He hits the lights and it's on. About a mile up the road I hang a left onto a very hilly/curvy county road. My nephew goes straight. The cop decides to follow me. Can't imagine why, 'cause at this point there is no way in Hell he is catching me. I had my foot flat on the floor, 6 Webbers wailing. I yank a right onto the road my buddy lives on, have time to grab the newspaper at the end of the driveway, go up his long lane and park the 911 beside the barn. About this time the cop rolls up to the end of the drive, and we can see him sitting there with his binoculars. Car is parked, we are out of it, he can't do anything about it. A few days later my Brother tells me an "Officer Graham" stopped by his house (I had my car registered to his address. Long story why) and requested my presence at the OSHP post. Yeah...I never went, never heard a word about it, and didn't recieve my first speeding ticket for another 5 years. I'm older and (maybe) wiser now, but ahh, the good times I've had.

20. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

negligent 2nd degree, Swindlers poker run. 500hp 51 Hudson Pacemaker....F U Marshall

21. Deuces

Deuces

Guess I'm gettin' old (50) these days. I try to keep my cool and do the speed limit. 14 years and counting without even getting pulled over. Last thing I need right now is to get a speeding ticket. I don't need to have my insurance jacked up 'cause of my Mustang. '

22. 666Irish

666Irish

No, not really "run" from them, but I did pull a fast one once. Around 1990 or so I was coming home from work in my O/T '71 Dart. Maybe a little too fast on the back roads, but nothing outrageous...maybe 5 or 10 over. Nice little windy stretch of road and meet a squad car coming the other way. Last thing I see between the tree is brake lights and the start of a U-turn. I get up around the bend, make a quick left into a driveway and pull into someones empty garage and kill the lights. I see the squad fly by lights and siren blazing. As I quickly back out of the garage to head the other way, the owner pops his head in, I said a quick "Thanks", and was on my way.

23. Paul B

Paul B

Not in my car. but back in 73 built my first bike, i was renting a garage from a church . it was behind the preists house about 20 garages that they rented out,where we hung out. always people there. I just get it running going to go for a little scoot. no plates, no helmet( we had a helmet law back then) Drag pipes. i rip down the street as two Cops are walking out of an Apartment building.One of them yells Hey Hey i yell hey and keep going. take my first right nail it and im off like a bear with afire up his ass. take a couple more lefts then a right going to make it back to the garage . look behind no cops laughing as i pull in the long driveway. i see everyone running- scattering. I had half of HPD behind me. They were on me Quick, threw me in the car, towed my bike. Cop walks up to me and says all i was telling you was to put your headlight on. When i got out of Jail i woundup getting a job with the towing co. when i went to get my bike

24. bob308

bob308

did not out run them just got lucky. we were running on a back road. some one yelled the cops are comming. i pulled up in back of my pickup and the guy yhat was with me held up the towbar the tabs lined up just right he had the pins in before i got the door open. that was the only thing that saved me was the car was hooked to the truck with open headers and slicks. cop said so.

25. 1986

As a 24 y.o. I out- run the cops one night on a new-ish 12 speed Kuwahara pushbike.
    I used to ride 7 miles home on arvo shift. Just before home there is a town square with wide streets leading out of each side. Arriving here around 1:00 each morning, I'd cut thru on the wrong side of the square if it was quiet, which it usually was.
    One night as I'm doing this I spot a cop car on the other side of the square. In the streetlight I see the lady cop driver look at me, so I wave hard at her, laugh and it's 'game on'..
    I hear cop kick back a gear & the V8's up & away. My steel caps are bangin' pedals- 1,2- 1,2..- the slithering cop hit Sturt Street ( which I've just left) -down a short-ish side street, tallish gear, I'm fit, eyes wide in the dark, flat out, push HARD down Gilbert, Cop screeching in also, lights hit my back & I veer FLAT OUT into the rabbit warren open gate of the car park which leads to my apartment. LOL. I'm GONE.

P.s. Reading this I see why this continues to be a social problem. The kids around here still do this ( bait cops) in stolen cars, and some good folk have been killed by their actions. Tragic & stupid.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  26. living in los angles in the mid eights when the sport bikes were starting to make retarded horse power to weight ratio, lets just say for a couple of years you coudn't drive one past a cop without him flipping the lights on and trying to pull you over to harass you,
    riding with a couple of friends all the time made it pretty easy to grab a gear and disappear, needless to say when your young stupid shit seems normal but having kids you start looking at youngsters on the road and saying WTF is wrong with them. hahahaha yes ( hypocrite )

27. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Yep... They kinda laugh at you when you get caught at the pump...:mad:

28. bonesy

bonesy

Back in HS - all the time. My car was set up with a switch to run the driving lights but kill the brake/ tail lights.

Now I'm afraid to do 2 MPH overthe speed limit.

29. Deuces

Deuces

DItto on driving 2 mph above the limit....... In a red Mustang. :(

30. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

Ya can't out run a Motorola.......