Register now to get rid of these ads!

Out of the closet...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Flatattack, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Flatattack

Flatattack

Hey Guy's. I'm a HAMB virgin but like all good things I thought it was time to stop fantasising and come out and become one of you.

I'm a married 35yo bloke in Australia and have been a car nut since I was a kid. I've had numerous rides and I'm not biased to any one brand - I just admire attention to detail and a pristine paint job as much as I love to see a car sporting road rash. I was an auto upholsterer for about 10 years and have spent the last 9 years in the trucking industry, but I still spend most weekends stitching up my buddies cars.

As for my project, I have a '53 Victoria that was imported from CA about 8 years ago and thanks to a new house and baby it has taken far too long to build. It is almost ready for paint and I'm aiming to have it ready for the next street rod nationals in Oz in about 18 months time. I'm a sucker for flatheads so I've kept the original motor even though a few mates bag me (they think a flathead only belongs in Fords from the mid 30's). Flathead guru Mike Davidson aka Flatattack, in South Australia, has fully rebuilt the motor. It runs his own manufactured finned heads, Efi fuel injection and 4 speed auto conversion and should prove to go as good as it looks. A/C and leather trim should keep my wife smiling, no easy task. I know some of you think airbags are for trucks but for smooth ride and looks I've installed them also. Body is very stock looking apart from '53 Caddy caps, a CalCustom smooth grill insert and low fender skirts. Probably not the most popular Ford built but I know every square inch of it and it's mine. This is a very rare car in Australia but I plan to drive the pants off it once finished and I'll be proud of every stone chip.

I hope I fit in with you all and it will be great to be a part of your informative, opinionated and at times hilarious threads.

Thanks, Bruce

2. hey man,

welcome to the HAMB!

nice setup you got there with the 8ba. mines a little more mid century flavoured but I like a flathead in anything!

Danny

3. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Welcome Bruce, sounds like a cool ride you got, any pics? We like pics!

4. Yeah, come on, pics!

5. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Jeez I'll send you guys 3 53 Fords for a Holden Monaro... we got a deal or what? [​IMG]

6. Ahhhhh... So you're THAT Bruce!

Feel like doing some stitching on a Rambler? :)