Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Slow55

Slow55

[​IMG]
    Fred's Texas Cafe in Fort Worth, Texas
    Hell Yes! COLD Beer and ~HOT~ Burgers

2. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I tried Nessy burger for the first time 4th of July weekend.. For a little tiny place they make a good burger

3. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Man, don't expect much. Sonic burgers around here aren't very good at all!

4. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Yea don't hold your breath for a good burger at Sonic. Ate there once after they opened. No need to go back. In fct I'm not real sure why they are still open the lot is always dead

5. The Sonic on 6th ave is getting close ! going to have to give a try mmm ! yum !

6. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

7. Loved Hodads in Ocean Beach, CA...now that I am here in Charlotte/Mooresville I am cruisin' into FIVE GUYS pretty regularly.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

9. Fed Ex me a burger to try! LOL , good to see this thread I started long ago has new posts. Let's keep hearing about the Mom & Pop stands !

10. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

Jim's Hot Dog West Mifflin Pa (Near Pittsburgh) Been around since 1927.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The legend goes, that the H.J. Heinz Company once offered the founders of Jim's a million dollars for their secret hot dog sauce, but were turned down. The truth is said to be that it wasn't a million dollars, but they did turn down a substantial amount.

11. cooljunk

cooljunk

Flint Mi. in the 60's. the place to be seen, find a drag race or meet a girl.(The north Saginaw location.)
    [​IMG]

12. Been watching Drive Ins, Diners and Dives over here in the UK. Makes me hungry for a cheese burger done in a trad stylee.

13. stopped at a new Herfy's in Fife , mmm it was ok.

14. For lunch on weekdays only Sutters Mill in Simi Valley, Ca. is a steak house that makes a BITCHIN' 1/3lb. burger and steak fries that is so juicy it melts in your mouth with fries for, get this: $4.83
    Drinks are pretty reasonable too.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  15. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

My favorite is the Dawsonville Pool Room, a family restaurant in downtown Dawsonville. I've known the owner for years. And he has owned it for 45 years. And for you Nascar fans....all over the main dining room's walls (even the bathroom) has newspaper clippings, photos, hoods, tires, etc. of all of our Dawsonville hero's - Roy Hall, Raymond Parks, Gober Sosebee, Bernard Long, Lloyd Seay, and we can't forget Bill Elliott. (All of the names mentioned won races at Daytona, heck during the 40's alone, Dawsonville guys won 12 races on the beach!!!)

Now on to the food.....My favorite is a cheeseburger with ketchup (hand-made patties which are never frozen) sweet tea (almost too sweet) and beer-battered fries (really crispy) They make all their fries. They also have just about anything you'd ever want from daily meat/2 vegetables to rib-eye platter to philly-cheese steak. For my meal, it would be around $5 and change. I eat there atleast 4 times a week.

16. trixiebell

trixiebell

===\\

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I wrote about Harvey's Wineburger here about two years ago... Still one of the best burgers in Phoenix, period. Cool, old joint too! 16th street just south of Camelback is the only one the two I go into, 'cause the last time I went into 19th ave and Bethany Home they didn't serve fries... Still firmly believe a burger without fries is a comunist plot against America!
    Anywho, now that I have that out of my system, I need to tell you guys about a new place that opened that has a killer burger for not much more than "joint" kinda prices. It's called "Windsor", and it's just north of Camelback on Central on the East side of the road. A nice kinda upscale place (the incredible miss Judy didn't wince like she does walking into Harvey's...) that the female types will enjoy, plus a great bar too! The burger is about the best I have had in Phoenix! Try it, you'll like it!

18. hit the new Five Guys in Puyallup earlier this week ! YUM !

19. trixiebell

trixiebell

do you know where the last photo (round bldg with the neon lights) was located. very neat building. i am from abilene tx and we had several casey's aaa in abilene but don't remember the round one

20. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

[​IMG]

Corner Grill, Bowling Green, OH. Been there since the 40's.

21. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Burger King for me

22. Jtnabilene

Jtnabilene

It was located at 1750 Butternut in Abilene. We lived behind it when I was born. It is now an auto service business.

23. Been to the new Five Guys in Puyallup, need to find another new joint to try... Could use a Dick's Deluxe Burger !

24. hallrods

hallrods

Dairy queen two rivers wisconsin

25. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Living in south dakota I dont get to have in and out very often.

Attached Files:

27. QB409

QB409

28. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

IN AND OUT BURGER a mostly calif. chain. A long time ago the sign was all one font.
    By taking the B and R off everyone had THE IN AND OUT URGE on their cars (a
    little transparent decal they gave away) Now BURGER is burger.... still the best

29. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

great looking place, but those prices are nut! and this was two years ago! i'll take a egg burger from fat burger.

30. Burgerville....... fresh food, not frozen or processed
    50 years locally and still growing. About 30 in the Portland/Vancouver area.

Source their ingredients locally and serve what's in season.

Tillamook cheese on your Angus burger
    Walla Walla sweet onion rings
    sweet potato french fries
    blackberry, marionberry, pumpkin milkshakes with Tillamook ice cream

[​IMG]

the other one is Roake's Foot Long Dogs

[​IMG]

This place is a dump. A converted 1950's travel trailer with about 8 stools in the trailer which is also the kitchen. They added a makeshift dining room that doubled the size about 20 years ago.

After you order, they give you a playing card. When your order is ready they'll yell out your card .. 'Jack of spades"

I've gone there at least once a year for 40 years but not sure how long they've been there. I only go for one thing, their foot long Coney dog with traditional Coney sauce that soaks into the bun and is a sloppy mess. Looks bad but oh so good before the heartburn sets in.

[​IMG]

gotta' go make a sandwich.....