Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. mj40's

mj40's

Patty's Burger Time in Boise. Cruise every Saturday eveving.

Attached Files:

2. 48bill

48bill

Some pictures of Shady Glen in Manchester Connecticut and their famous cheeseburgers.

Attached Files:

3. heres my local favorite...best burgers and 5 star rating on the service...its a weekly destination for a weekly informal get together show and shine that is pretty cool as well...

Attached Files:

4. The Palace... A&W Drive-In... Sonic... Steak & Shake... Five Guys Burgers & Fries to name a few. Almost forgot White Castle!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  5. I have just read thru this whole thread and the guys from Mi. should have said The Daly Drive-in and restaurant in Livonia. It is the last one left out of about a dozen. The Super Dalyburger is my favorite and my Wife loves the Patty Melt.
    http://www.dalyrestaurants.com/
    George

6. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Thanks, now I am gonna have to go there this weekend...:D

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Hot Rod City U.S.A. Restaurant in New Philadelphia, Ohio where we had a H.A.M.B. meet and greet last Jan. or Feb.
    Some cool stuff there.

Attached Files:

8. word has it there is Sonic Drive in the big city of Puyallup, Wa may need to go find it !

9. RichG

RichG

Meh. Not a big fan of Sonic anymore...

10. budhaboy

budhaboy

round here we *used* to have Little Tavern - it was similar to White Castle - open 24 hours, seemed there was one in every cruise spot around(Downtown Wheaton, Silver Spring, Laurel, even one in Georgetown DC) used to love getting a six pack of sliders, bag o fries, and a gimmiecoke(big arse coke that every one would mutter "gimmie coke" through a mouthful of burger and fries)
    I hear there is one left in Baltimore, but its in an area no sane person with an ounce of self preservation would enter into...[​IMG]

11. 48bill

48bill

I went last night.

12. onenew32

onenew32

This could go on for several weeks. Anyway... Chain.. Whataburger in Texas Not a chain... The Varsity, Atlanta :)

13. White Castle
    or Lions's Tap tavern in Eden Prairie, Mn

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I didn't read through the whole thread but if your favorite (for the kids anyway) is McDonalds, you might want to give it a second thought. I saw this news in the paper today- a tiny article buried in the back pages.
    Wonder how McDonalds buried that in the back?
    Paper says she was found inside a processing machine.
    Wanna Big Mac? :eek:

http://www.sacbee.com/827/story/2045003.html

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Shady Glen is awesome!.

16. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

KREKLES CUSTARD AND DAIRY MAID! BEST IN THE MIDWEST... and I mean they have a fleet of chicken cars.... nothing better! hahaha

17. Bazooka

Bazooka

I have come to love Farmer boys lately... I used to like Fat Burger the best but Farmer boys is def my new fav. The Farmer burger combo is great..

They serve other stuff besides bugers. all of it is really good..

http://www.farmerboys.com/

18. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Hap's Grill, located in a 8 ½ foot-wide building on main street in Salisbury, North Carolina is my favorite!

They serve burgers and hotdogs. There is room inside for about four people to stand up and eat and there are tables to stand at outside. There is always a long line out the door, but according to a newspaper report they can serve 5 to 6 people a minute! All I know is; everytime I've gone, the service is super fast and they have best damn burger and hot dogs I ever had.

Attached Files:

19. doc's

doc's

(x2) pretty cool joint & great burgers!!

20. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Johnny Ray's in Lee's Summit MO. Wish I had a pic but I don't.

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Eddies grill Geneva on the lake Ohio, used to hang out there as a teenager video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scBjGEqU0vE If i remember correctly, Eddies was the one with the sign on the patio warning parents not to carry their kids on their shoulders because of ceiling fans.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  22. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

we don't really have anything cool just chain restaurants

23. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

24. boldventure

boldventure

I can't post any because I haven't found a "really good" place nearby yet....
    In another life...on the other coast....I liked Steak & Shake....
    Everything nearby is fuel not food...

25. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

The last one isn't in "Brawl"timore. It's in Laurel MD(PG county). It's called Laurel Tavern and serves fresh doughnuts in the morning and the orginal Little Tavern burgers in the mid-day/evening. Personally I always thought Little Tavern burgers were better than White Castle.

26. speedysilver

speedysilver

if your up here in minnesota there is a good place in stcloud and i belive its called kays it is over by phillups recycling ack for some of the orange salt.

27. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

thesupersized said it earlier in this thread, but its hard to pass by White Mana in Hackensack, NJ.

Attached Files:

28. luciomduran

luciomduran

Jim's Burger Haven in Westminster is the best!!!

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, I don't know if it's my favorite, but..... Harvey's wine burger on sixteenth st. in Phoenix! Went there last night - Superwineburger and a basket of fries, extra crispy please! Can't go to the one on nineteenth ave though...... no deep frier?! Burger without fries...... you a commie? What?...... Not possible. Sixteenth st. location feels just like every St. Paul nieghborhood bar I ever went to with my dad as a kid,(lots and lots). Bonus points when my girlfriend said "it's kind of dirty in here"! They even have a thirty year old Budman neon on the wall. I feel sorry for the folks that are posting about chain burger joints. If you just look around, there is always a cool old bar or tiny hole-in-the-wall diner that serves a great burger, and probably needs your dollar more than Mcdonalds any way.