Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Out for a burger ! What's your favorite place ! let's see them !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 15, 2008.

1. RichG

RichG

Okay, fine: how about Big Miners in Yakima? Or the Lariat in Naches? If you find yourself on the road to Spokane stop at the barbeque place in Ritzville (the guy who owns it used to do the fair in Yakima). Speaking of Yakima, if Mama D's is still there, you will not find finer bbq this side of Texas! Kellys Diner is pretty good here in Centralia, I get the gizzards and onion rings:D Big Jims Drive-In in The Dalles Oregon.

The best burger though, by far, is a little dive in Connell...mmm, it makes the trip to my inlaws all worthwhile!

2. Humboldt Kitten

Humboldt Kitten
    from Arcata, CA

This is Toni's where Humboldt Cat & I hang out with my family at our summer car shows. Crusty Nut makes an occassional appearance also. Looking forward to the next one on August 7. Hope to see you there Crusty Nut.

Attached Files:

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Toni's, the Fresh Freeze in Eurkea, of course the So Cal kid in me craves a roam out to In N Out. Can't wait to have my first burger at the reborn Broiler!
    Someone posted Taco Lita in Arcadia, what a trip! Went there a lot on my lunch break in high school. It was Manny's El Loco down First Ave. that sometimes gave yer stomach trouble later on...

4. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Ever since the honeymoon we crave the Awful-Awful burger @ the Lil' Nugget in Reno. Not much of a parking lot but a hella cool place tucked away on Virginia Ave.

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

In Checotah Oklahoma, on the north end of town is Bob's burgers. Always a dam good burger. Pretty greasy inside but always good. Oh, some blonde cutey named Carrie Underwood is from there but seeing she is a veggie person I doubt she has had one. She is missing out.

6. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

[​IMG]
    The Texas Tavern in Roanoke, VA. Get the cheesy western and a bowl, works best if you drove a roadster!

Sign on the door says "Yes, Ladies Eat Here Too"

7. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

[​IMG]

Doumar's in Norfolk, VA is the a must stop too.

8. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

My favorite place is my bud Jason's house when he's grillin. In-and-Out or Fattburger are pretty good when I'm out west.

Otherwise I have to live with Fuddrucker's or Chili's locally, not really much in the way of old-school burger joints in Huntsville.

Used to be a real old place called the Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah GA. Is it still around?

9. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

Ralph's is very cool. I remember going in there yeaaaaaars ago, and looked at the menu:

Hamburger
    Cheeseburger
    Chili.

That's it. Cool place, good bands.

Pete

10. Keller's in Dallas is one
    [​IMG]

And there is Frosty's in Deton
    [​IMG]

But hte best hamburgers anywhere is Griff's
    [​IMG]

11. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Tommy`s burgers in Burbank, California. There also used to be a place called "Clints" on Magnolia & Keystone in Burbank Ca. Best triple chili cheese burgers around.

12. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I went to Worcester State, in the 80's, & Ralph's had a Rockabilly band that played every Wednesday night, The Preston Porter Band. They were great & I rarely missed a night. Oh, yeah, no offense but it's pronounced Wistah! :)

13. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

I went to school in Brookings in the early 70s, 40 years later there still hasnt been a hamburger to equal Nicks. Used to stop there every Friday before going to the movies down the street. The best part is the way they are cooked, Nicks "secret method". The other neat thing is there wasnt a piece of flatware or a plate in the joint. If you couldnt eat it on waxed paper with your hands they didnt serve it.

14. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

In OKC, it's Johnnies all the way. I actually plan my trips to lake texoma around stopping in for a #19.
    My dad tells me stories about the split-t back in the '60's. The stories revolve more around running a dragster up and down the streets than the burgers though:D.
    They did recently open up a 'five guys famous burgers' locally(south of KC) here and that IS ONE DAMN GOOD BURGER. I'm still full from last nights' burger.

15. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

burger hut been around since the 40's we have weekly cruzie nights when it's not a 120 outside

[​IMG]

16. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Porter Street BBQ in Porterville,Ca serves a burger called the Anita burger. Goes like this; 1/2 # patty, cheese, a heap of shaved tri- tip, on a sesame seed bun.. All of it is barbecued over a mix of walnut and oak wood. Just add bbq sauce and jalapenos, no need for fries.

17. 48bill

48bill

Shady Glen in Manchester Connecticut has the best cheese burgers. They are called the Bernice Burger named after one of the original owners from 1948. You get 3 slices of cheese that are melt on the burger and chrispy outside the bun. OUTSTANDING. Also the make their own ice cream.

18. When I lived in Michigan I got to this place from time to time.

Attached Files:

19. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Two locations!!! Killer burgers with crispy cheese hanging out of the bun. Man haven't had one in years. Think I will make it something to do this weekend.

I also like Guido's Drive In in Manchester, the girls on skates bringing the food to the car doesn't hurt either.

Now if you are up in the Worcester MA area, Georges has some killer Hot Dogs.

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Dont know if its on here yet but the Dairyette in Dallas is cool joint thats been here since the 50's. Plus they do a great free car show new years day every year.

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Man that "Hillbilly Hotdogs " place looks really sketchy and really awesome at the same time. I would love to check it out.

22. Hodad's here in San Diego/Ocean Beach still my favorite but we used to go to a little joint in Fort Wayne, Indiana where I grew up called Powers Hamburgers...good and greasy and cheap and no doubt lethal...Hall's Drive-In in Fort Wayne was another hangout and I think it's still there by u.s. 30 and 3

23. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

yup. harrys place...the best burger and fries ....nice ride from any where in conn.

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

If anyone comes through Moultrie for the big car show they have here twice a year, make sure you stop at Market Barbecue ,they are inside of the Farmers market, my wifes nephew owns it, Biggest burgers for the buck you'll find, little place, he cooks everything on a wood fired grill. Love the place but been so broke haven't been eating out much.

25. Yep. Have a cheesewestern ther quite often.
    seats a 1000 people, 10 at a time.

26. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

27. shainerman

shainerman

Chuck A Burger in St. Louis. Enough grease on those puppies to keep my hair down for a week!

28. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Ted's in Meriden Ct. The original "steamed" cheeseburger.

Attached Files:

29. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Paul's... 2nd and St. Mark's