Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Our obsessions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2017.

1. We all have a allegiance to a certain brand and year but seeing a post by Denny on another thread got me to thinking,do you collect odds & ends with the year of your car? HRP

This is the one Denny posted.

[​IMG]

ladyhrp, els, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Merlin had this on his last Deuce,I believe he told me it was made from a rail road spike with the 32 being on the head. HRP

[​IMG]

ladyhrp, els, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  3. And my recent encounter with the number 32 at Micky D's. HRP

[​IMG]

ladyhrp, ct1932ford, els and 4 others like this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cripes, is nothing sacred!

The only reason I even have this is because my buddy in Bakersfield had it on his bench the last time I was there, he had just sold his deuce 3W hiboy after having it just a short time, actually he did that with his prior car, a really neat full fendered 31 Chevy 3W.
    So I confiscated this table number and told him he can have it back when he gets another car (he has to own it at least a year though).
    It's been a few years so I guess it's mine now.

ladyhrp, els, Stogy and 2 others like this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

32 calories right?...I have a diverse interest in different vehicles and but yes I collect and look for related things. Some are stretchs others easy to relate. To car lovers if the numbers match I'm sure many do make connections...the obsession in this case was a photo op and share with this group here that I knew would totally get it.

0_20170913_153823.jpg

ladyhrp, els, Runnin shine and 5 others like this.
  6. Deuces Ln., That's cool. HRP

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I eluded in other threads where I posted what the name relates to. Was it an individuals name...probably. You never know it may have been a guy who collected Deuces. No matter it strikes a note with many around here including myself who certainly appreciates one of Henry's milestones of which he had many...;)

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a modern sense of collecting/ obsessing my hardrive is full of vintage gleans related to my love of the automobile.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    ladyhrp and els like this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I found this little ditty on the internet years ago and had a lady dress it up a little.
    The last time I posted this I got the feeling some thought it a bit korny.
    Pretty much covers my view on my obsession.
    WHATCHATHINK

20170916_163416.jpg

ladyhrp, els, Jugornot and 6 others like this.
  10. Might be considered corny by some but I like it. HRP

ladyhrp, els and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like a Deuce affliction.

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

that was made from a *railroad tie* (date nail) ...i had a coffee can full of em around here years ago, because of a family history of rail heads . They were brakemen,switchmen yard foreman's,conductors, engine firemen,engineers, yard masters,and
    some worked as maintenance of way too....
    date nail.jpg

ladyhrp, els, mr57 and 4 others like this.
  13. Fred,I would think this compulsion effects a more diverse crowd than the Deuce nuts among us.HRP

ladyhrp, els and Stogy like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope...I am being a little more selective with collecting as I have to lighten my archive. I am starting to get up in age and can't take it to my grave. That said my garage needs a little ambience. Also I like 32's and much more so it's not a 32 thing as others may soon share. I don't think of it as an obsession. The Hamb is another place I like to frequent a lot. Why because of shared interests.

Here my last purchase to hang on the wall. It was in a yard amoungst the non auto scrap metal I was searching through. Other things a Model A wire wheel, Model A Radcap, Car Mags/Books some old signs etc.

0_20170916_221751.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I must be obsessed with something...I just moved house and garage contents and the moving company estimated 13 thousand lbs and it was actually 21 thousand lbs. Mr Stogy's stuff had a big chunk of the blame for that...:p

16. Nope........I collect anything old and so does my girlfriend. Needless to say the house, garage and sheds are packed.

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Denny would that be Zeus's Deuss...:D

ladyhrp, els and Jugornot like this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Seuss
    How's things Stogy!

P.S.
    Here's another hint of my obsession.
    Stogy did this for me cuz he read that I wanted a big Firestone sign.
    He's a master with Photoshop.
    Thanks man, it's one of my prized possessions.

Denny's-garage_grey3.jpg

19. A lost sign. HRP

9fd50ba1-5f98-44b8-839f-2a996fd85a62.jpg

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Things are good settling into new digs...thanks for your compliment regarding my photo manipulation skills. That would be a big passion/ obsession as well. I really enjoy that. You and the Hamb crew provide me with plenty of opportunity to poke fun a little or lighten up a bad situation and or help see things in another light. I hope you get that sign your looking for...;)...and how is your biggest obsession...well 2nd biggest...:p
    The 32

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0_20170715_103945.jpg

Finding interesting relevant composition for a photo is a passion/obsession. Not anything will do. Robertson had a role in Model production back in the day. I believe it was short lived but a number of Canadian built A's had them. Searching for a plate was a short lived obsession. I was fortunate to get that I figure.​

22. Vintage Motel key fobs. HRP

bvm.jpg

390828758790_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  23. A couple more. HRP

upload_2017-9-19_14-18-24.jpeg

[​IMG]

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sorry Stogy I apparently didn't read that last line regarding my roadster.
    Don't like hanging my dirty laundry in public but I know many here have some of the same issues and will understand so just thought I would let it be known why nothing to speak of has happened with the 32 since my original introduction.
    When I was young, energetic and drowning in disposable income I kept all three of my long term and expensive projects going, at least in collecting parts for them.
    Numerous health issues, surgeries, and a forced retirement without income changed all that. So I've accepted the fact that I have to live vicariously through everyone elses projects on the HAMB. We all can thank @HOTRODPRIMER for keeping us in material.
    Not quite how I forsaw this stage of my life playing out but what better way to enjoy this crazy obsession.
    Thanks for asking @Stogy

ladyhrp, els and wicarnut like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Denny keep plugging away bit by bit and never lose your sharp wit. You still have your ride so I hope for positive things to come your way. I have to hold out on things too. We all have our plates with different servings...as my Mom says to me on occasion 'keep your chin up'...;)

ladyhrp, els, Jugornot and 1 other person like this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Won't be jump'n off a bridge as long as I can sit here and go VROOM VROOM! 20161029_091855.jpg

ladyhrp, els, wicarnut and 1 other person like this.
  27. Although most of the conversations up until now regarding this thread seems to revolve around the Deuce I would think it would relate to any other significant mark & make,or I could be entirely wrong and us Deuce nuts are in a world of our own when it comes to having obsessive/compulsive disorders. :rolleyes: HRP

28. wicarnut

wicarnut

Thinking this HAMB deal is becoming something ? Obsession ? Check it daily and enjoy reading and commenting here.

29. No doubt in my mind! HRP

ladyhrp, els and wicarnut like this.
  30. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Boy that car looks familiar... nice pic Stogy!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ladyhrp, els, steinauge and 2 others like this.