Register now to get rid of these ads!

our 56 Belair wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sk6strng, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sk6strng

sk6strng

Very cool Joe. Ours is a completely different car now after the swap....Kind of miss the little V8 though....na never mind.

Attached Files:

• car1.jpg
      car1.jpg
      File size:
      479.7 KB
      Views:
    • car2.jpg
      car2.jpg
      File size:
      481.5 KB
      Views:
    • car3.jpg
      car3.jpg
      File size:
      526.2 KB
      Views:
    • car4.jpg
      car4.jpg
      File size:
      536.4 KB
      Views:
    • car5.jpg
      car5.jpg
      File size:
      532.7 KB
      Views:
  2. sk6strng

sk6strng

pics of 56 wag

Attached Files:

3. Love the interior. My favorite colors......is black and white a color??:rolleyes::)

4. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

That is one sweet '56..............Thanks for sharing

5. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Any updates? Projects? Just pictures lately?

And
    *ARodder*...
    ...where does your project stand? hard to believe you repainted thast finished car...but what color?

6. A Rodder

A Rodder

Here is a current pic. I really am happy with the change. Should have went with a touch taller tire in the rear. My wife picked the color. I like it alot. After her not being real hip on the last to colors I've picked on the Edsel and 65 pu, she got it right!

The old paint looked good from afar but it really just sucked. The guy really misrepresented the car. But im not here to complain. If you didn't read in the beginning of the thread I missed his wagon by a couple of hours while I "had to think about it".

The motor and transmission havent made their way in. We bought a new house last october and so this spring we have had to do alot of landscaping and what not.

Hopefully this winter I can do something on the drive train.

Attached Files:

7. sololobo

sololobo

Very impressive, as is the fact your family is enjoying the rig. I had never seen a 56 9-passenger before. Ultra hip! ~sololobo~

8. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Nice wagon's guy's. Love that carter car pack. We just got our townsmen 6 pass about two months ago and we can't stop driving it. Right now ours has a 283 w/3speed on the floor with an overdrive. we will use this to tow our ChevyII as soon as we get brakes and a 348 installed.
    [​IMG]

9. A Rodder

A Rodder

Whoa .... that's sweet. Is the rear stock height or is it lowered with blocks and are you using air shocks to help out or are they not needed?

10. sk6strng

sk6strng

Joe, your wagon looks absolutely SICK!!! I love the color, and the whole overall vibe. Perfect with the skirts & rack.....awesome! Congratulations.
    I'm sure you have tons of people just about crashing to get close enough to give a thumbs-up.

We have just been washing ours and little else except for driving the sh*t out of it with this drivetrain for the better part of the year now. The engine is breaking in very nicely and rips-ass. Loving it. I may have fallen short on my header research and the next thing will be a change from the Hedman 68120 headers to Patriot 8025-1 shorty models and re-do the exhaust with my current 50 series flowmasters. (these Hedmans have limited ground clearance and the Patriots will work much better. Also, the exhaust was done by a lesser shop as my guy had closed and it's not the best. I now relocated an old school guy who's a real craftsman so when I can unearth the $ we'll do it, which looks like no time soon.)

Anyway folks can't figure our car out at all, strange a combination of years of dilapidation and recent love with a silly coat of Meguiar's <cite></cite>to top it off.

SmokinBill, your rig looks awesome as well. Love the simple two-tone.

Here are some recent pics...(God, my kids just keep getting older) have a great day.

Attached Files:

11. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Cool wagon, i love the interior.

I personally thought it looked a lot better with the stock steelies and whitewalls, but its not my car. Much respect for making it a driver ;)

12. sk6strng

sk6strng

Lowered with 5-spokes is what we have been doing since I was a kid in Philly in the late 50's. I remember trying to talk my Dad into putting Crager Super-sports on His 68 BUick. His standard answer when he didn't want to talk about it anymore was 'We'll see'. After some silence I offered, 'Well can you at least take off the hubcaps?!" Some neighborhood guys were rocking the bare lugnut look.
    I respect the diversity of the car thing, and the guy who likes the red steelies but personally I couldn't wait to get that stuff off our wagon, up on e-bay & gone.
    When my wife bought me this wheel & tire package and i saw it on the car my pulse went up...SO much cooler for me but that's just my humble opinion.

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

How bout an update buddy.
    In October we will only have one spare seat left!!!!!!!!!!

14. sk6strng

sk6strng

Hey Joe.
    Hope your family is well.
    Our kids are growing and doing great.
    Plenty of blessings.

Running the car pretty much every week....trips to the beach with the kids' friends, to our Son's college, etc.

Stay well and best wishes

Attached Files:

15. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

love 56's,wagons are a plus

16. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Reminds me of my '56 Wagon I had in college. Makes me want another. My had a 394 Olds and Hydro. Sold her in '70 for $500.