Register now to get rid of these ads!

OTIES AUTOMOTIVE from the 60's otie smith ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonewolf, Nov 23, 2007.

1. bobbyhstl

bobbyhstl
    from St Louis

This is one of the many pictures I took at the Oklahoma NHRA Nationals in 1957.

2. KEN KISH

KEN KISH

Do you have any idea where this car is.i am interested in buying it.

Email ken @kiwi777@q.com

thanks, ken

3. Jim Dienst

Jim Dienst
    from Boulder Co

Wow, I cant believe I stummbled on to this, a childhood memory.....
    my Dad was buddies with Otie in the 60s ,Dick Dienst from Bowling Green, as a kid about 8 yrs old I remember my dad taking me to his shop, what a thrill, I can still picture it, I remember going to 42 and riding in the push trucks, even a bigger thrill for a punk kid, I remember a story my dad told me as a kid about he and Otie unloading some drag car in front of the local high school and making a pass down the street in front of it, with the trailer waiting at the other end for the quick get away :) Ill assume for my own amusement it was all true ! :)

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

I just found out that my Dad's buddy Steve Harwood bought Otie's AA T altered and raced it in New England in the 1960s.

5. gbritnell

gbritnell

Here's a picture of Otie's altered along with a picture of the orange open T pickup that the black fellows owned.

Attached Files:

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Otie's altered rivaled Tony Nancy's cars back then...Just look at Otie's equipment: Best you could get. Very professional. Loved those purpose-builts.

7. sunliner

sunliner

I worked at the Ford Plant in Bedford in 1960 & I bought a new Sunliner, 360 HP 3 speed OD, went to Akron to Oties & bought a Anson Posi Shift for the Ford.
    Sunliner.