Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: what are my old welders worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forsakenfew, Oct 8, 2007.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

when i moved into my place years ago it came with 2 big ass pulse arc welders. well, they are finally in the way and need to get rid of em, but i'm thinking they must be worth something, and i can always use a few extra bucks for the car.

i searched ebay and other similar sites and really cant find anything to compare mine to.

they are Airco 300amp pulse arc welders. 220v. model # PA-2A. no idea if they work, and there are no leads besides the power whips.

not trying to make a million dollars here, just need to get rid of em, and taking em to the dump wouldn't be cheap. the things must way 500 pounds a piece. i have to move the damned things with my cherry picker.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

with the price of scrap metal's being up so high and all the different metals in them,... I would guess they would be worth far more as scrap,... I could be wrong but isn't there a lot of copper in those welders ?

3. If there's a copper wound transformer inside, there's probably a good amount of money there. Value as welders, price out a new equivalent model. I don't think they're expensive enough to be worth buying a used one for much money if you don't know that it works or not.

4. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

Are the welders 3 phase and do they have wire feeders on them? Got any pics of them or the tags?

5. 1952henry

1952henry

I parted a questionable freebie out that I didn't want to mess with. The two 75' leads, and the windings inside, yielded 130# of copper. Easily worth my time tearing it apart.