Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT The Notorious Bettie Page

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chebby belair, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

This movie is finally being released Down Under in March. Great living in a backwater I guess....

I know there was a post on here many moons ago, but couldn't find nuthin from anyone who'd seen the movie.

Maybe no posts speaks for itself.

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

I thought it was good. If you're a Bettie fan, definitely check it out.

3. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Gretchen Moll looked smoking in and out of clothes. The flashback style of storytelling was alittle weird, but it was good for the most part.

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Greatest thingies in movie history.

5. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

I thought it was colourful enough...the vintage style was portrayed better I think than a lot of period films are nowadays. Remember its an HBO produced film so it has an unmistakable but palettable "made for television" simplicity and doesnt dive too deep into the story but rather skims carefully along the surface (shes a very private person-and is still living) As far as Gretchen goes, she alone makes it worth seeing. If sex sells...Im buying

6. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Thanks guys,good to know. I generally avoid bio pics about people I like, cuz it usually shows how f**ked up they were, and it ruins them for me.

Betty takes the crease outta my trousers - I'll check this out.

7. tikEK

tikEK

it's not bad Gretchen Mol is hot as i must say...

8. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

9. lucky loony

lucky loony
    from canada

just for the wreckerd, i hate movies, but i did enjoy (??) this film.

10. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I didn't think it was all that great a movie, but it was worth watching just for Gretchen all dolled up like Bettie....

11. kopis

kopis

I thought it was worth the dvd rental at Blockbuster! 2 thumbs up!

12. Check out the new Playboy, Bettie is interviewed in it she has a few shocking things to say.

13. Car kulture Delux had "Confessions of a pin-up"by Joan Petrone.It would be way cool if they could get an interview with Bettie Page as well. I hope shes getting some $$$$$ from all the renewed interest in her. She's everywhere now days,whitch is great.

14. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

i belive Bunny Yeager got/gets all the royalty dough....

15. Watched it the other night, I liked it

16. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, Betty touches on that in the recent Playboy interview.

17. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

I thought the ending of the movie was weird, and it kind of ruined the whole movie for me. Overall it was worth watching. Being a girl and all, I cared more about the clothes and hair......

18. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Gretchen is ok, but she doesn't have that Bettie butt. The movie was decent. The Playboy interview is interesting reading. It was the first time I actually read anything in Playboy.

19. RoadDevil13

RoadDevil13

definately worth seeing.....we bought it.

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dave Stevens was responsible for her getting her royaltys and bringing her back to the public eye with his graphic novel "The Rocketeer"......which was before the movie.

21. Steve

Steve

I thought the movie was good. Yeah the interview with bettie in playboy was really interesting. Shes not to happy with bunny yeager from the way it sounds.

22. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

The film takes a naive, safe approach to telling the full story on purpose because there is alot of truely dark passages in her life they knew she wouldn't allow(she didn't like the word 'notorious' in the title) There is another film made recently, titled 'Dark Angel' which details on her last years before leaving the public eye. I haven't seen it (its an indie...I love indie) and its still screening around LA in small venues so its not available yet I think. Depends on which take on reality you want to believe, because this one dosen't seem to hold back as much=more sex and violence. bettiepagedarkangel.com

23. atomickustom

atomickustom

I'm a big Bettie Page fan, so I immediately checked out bettiepagedarkangel.com. The site was nice enough to provide several nudie photos of the star as Page. Nice looking girl, but her hooties are obviously man-made, which makes it impossible to see her as being in the 1950s. They couldn't find a chick with real ones??

24. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, when a girl lies on her back and her breasts look like two scoops of ice cream, ten to one they're aftermarket.

25. I bought it about 2 weeks ago. I've been a Bettie Page fan for a long time. Loved the movie. Not gonna win any Oscars,but who cares. Still loved it! Betty RULES!

26. Gigantor

Gigantor

I couldn't even finish watching it. Like a lot of guys, Bettie has always been my favorite, but having read up on her life, the way she was totally fucked over six ways to Sunday, seeing it brought to life just made me sick to my stomach.
    Although I thought they did a great job bringing that period back to life - it was almost too real for me. I'd rather stare at her photos and fantasize as usual.

27. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

I saw this off the freeway, in my neighborhood the other day.

Dan

Attached Files:

28. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I hesitate to bring this back up, because it's so off topic. But I think I need to clear something up. The chick on the dark angel site is Paige Richards from some different movie. And yeah, they look pretty fake. Gretchen Mol was in The Notorious Betty Page and hers look outfreakinstounding. I'm not really a Betty Page fan. Just don't see the facination. But I'm now a Gretchen Mol fan.;)

29. wagoon

wagoon

I saw the movie about three weeks ago, didnt really like it because of the ending. But i have to say Gretchen Mol is freaking hot!