Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: The 50 Worst Cars of All Time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63ChevyII, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

bad topic. Lets talk about good things

3. I just sort of looked at the list quickly and realized whoever made it is a moron. Nuf said....

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

I totally agree.

Anybody that will put the Model T, the Lotus Elite, and the Airflow in a list like that is just too proud of his lack of brainpower...

5. Wesley

Wesley

I agree, although it was an interesting read. How could the 50 worst not include the Vega?

6. MVM

MVM

Haha, I think the Gremlin in Waynes World was pretty cool !! But they are definitely right about the Chevy SSR.. that there are no factory HotRods.

7. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

it wasn't a gremlin, it was a pacer.
    gremlins and hornets were actually pretty cool cars...especially the gremlin X, which you could get with a 401 and a 4 speed.
    those things were tire melters.

8. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

this guy drives a yaris or hybrid.

He bitches about about polution but bitches about bad performance.

definately drives a hybrid, there is a big cloud of smug that follows him around

9. Sadly this is another case of an over educated ,non car lover- telling us all about cars ......Obviously he does not know shit.

10. TINGLER

TINGLER

The shit about the early model T being a "piece of junk" kinda got to me.

I imagine based on today's standards that most cars from the turn of the century were "pieces of junk".

Things were different back then though. People travelled less and the cars were built like an iron stove. Maybe they were kind of junky....but I'd take a piece of junk that I could keep on the road with some bailing wire over a modern car any damn day of the week.

The horsey horse's head car is crazy. I bet the owner's of that one got called a POSER more than once. HA HA HAHA.

"Get a real horse....POSER!" :D

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

He was probably an early reader of OSR, only then it was called "Ol' Skool Buggyz"!

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This list is on my 50 worst lists list. But most of those cars do suck...

13. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

14. lastws6

lastws6
    from PA

what a dick.

15. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

someone explain why the k-car and minivan arent on the list? as well as the hybrid cars of today... those could take place of the ones that dont belong on that list

16. Squablow

Squablow

It was an interesting read, although some pretty poor choices in there. This guy has a major hatred of SUV's. And to me, hearing "Ford Edsel" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Will people ever get that right?

17. JustDave

JustDave

Crappy list but at least the YUGO made it on there but it should have been to the top. I can remember buddies at the dealerships telling me about robbing parts off of new cars to fix the ones they just sold the week before now that's a quality product. That and the little Fiats or Renaults one or both I can't remember thought that 3 lugnuts was plenty.

18. How in hell did the Chevette diesel (that's right) NOT make that list. With a blistering 0-60 time measured with a sundial and the fit and finish of a ball of tin foil that car should be the poster child for the Detroit's darkest diesel disaster.

19. Wow, I actually saw a Briggs Flyer in action tonight at Greenfield Village, I thought it was someones "creation".

Jay

20. JustDave

JustDave

Hey wait a minute I still drive my diesel Chevette when my converted gas 350 Olds diesel wagon is getting a fresh engine or transmission.

21. cretin

cretin

this is stupid of the few cars I actually read about 2 of them are on the list just beacuse they are ugly. the 1985 Mosler Consulier GTP he says performed so well it was banned from races but it does'nt look good. He also says that the Aztec also has alot of great featurs but is again ugly. That does'nt make them a bad car. What a jackass

22. Cruiser

Cruiser

Chevy II,

:confused: Lots of ugly cars for sure. The only one I would take off the list would be the DeLorean it doesn't belong on this list...

Cruiser :cool:

23. DirtyTace

DirtyTace

Actually, the guy was right on if you took the time to read the list. The Model T was crude. The Airflow was a good idea but suffered from awful timing. The Prowler is gay. I thought his comment on hot rods was right on:

"Hotrods are homemade subversions of the existing order, mechanical folk art. There is no such thing as a factory hotrod."

How can't you agree with that?

24. Lakota

Lakota

The 50 worst cars of all times...
    Did anyone of you research the writer of this bunk??? I did, he's Dan Neil of the LA Times. He's just a critic. All of this is just HIS personal opinion. I think this guy takes the bus to work. Here's what his co worker (David Kiley of the LA Times) had to say about him:

...While beat (critic) writers frequently criticize GM management and product, it's always important to have the facts lined up. Double that care when the piece calls for the CEO and product chief to be fired.
    Directionally, Neil's criticisms of GM are defensible. But he may be guilty in this case of shaping certain data to back up a point he decided to make before getting the data. As a journalist, and certainly as a human being, I'm not free of mistakes. And as an editor, I know it's important not to give our subjects (who, let's be honest, are sometimes targets) easy ammunition to undercut our reporting, especially in a column. His subjective criticism of the car's interior and handling are legitimate, as they are based on his opinion as a product evaluator. Where he seems to have erred is in pulling in ill-reported data points to substantiate his opinion.

Otherwise known as "Yellow Journalism".

25. TINGLER

TINGLER

I did read the whole list.

...and I agree with you. Except I don't think the Model T should be singled out as being crude. I mean, automobiles were in their infancy then. OF COURSE IT WAS CRUDE. The Model T was on that list simply for shock value.

The part about the Chevy SSR and the "Hotrods are homemade subversions.....mechanical folk art...etc."

That of course I agree with and further more I feel that is a very eloquent way of putting it.

It actually was a fun read. I'm glad people on here are talking about it.

26. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

My choice of cars conspicuously missing from the list would be the Lancia Gamma, which would shed its power steering belt if you steered it all the way to lock. Incredibly, this was also the camshaft belt. Did I mention that it was an interference engine? Yup, turn the wheel too far and you get bent valves. It also had an undersized radiator so overheating was common, and an electrical system that rivaled the best (worst) Lucas electrical fire-starter kit.

Niel is a liberal, so along with the admittedly good choices in the list, you'll get a healthy helping of his political philosophy, with vehicles like the '71 Imperial, Excursion, and Hummer H2 - which is just a rebodied Tahoe so I never understood the immediate leftist hatred for it. But then, I don't want to waste my time trying to undersand guys like Neil.

-KK

27. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

I'll betthe Prius is on his "BEST" list.

28. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I'd have to say that the K-Car definetly set the trend of automobiles becoming anonymous, useless, and uncreative pieces of shit. Atleast the Chevette had a driveshaft. A frontwheel drive V6 powered unibody can never even become a decent donor vehicle.

As far as the list goes, I ran out of patience for it-yuppie written piece of garbage.

29. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

I admit that I've never heard of quite a few of the cars on the list. I had only read the first couple of entries before posting the link... ran out of patience reading it(would have been more interesting if I knew more of the cars)... and just starting flipping through the pages only glancing at the vehicles I knew. After doing this, I realized that if you click on 'complete list' there is a index of the cars. For some reason, with the article being on time.com, I kinda expected it to be more objective and informational...

30. I say! He had the nerve to call Buckminster Fuller a nut-job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.