Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT sorta Whats it worth Model collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mule Farmer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Ive been thinking about getting rid of some of my stuff. Ive got to much stuff that I dont have time for. About 5 years ago I was big into buying and building models. Ive got like 125 or more 10 or so still sealed. Some are started some arnt some parts are in other boxs. I was into scratch, kitbashing building alot of stuff thats how they all got mixed up like these wheel in that box that motor in another. So there are some cool projects in the lot some after market parts(rims,tires)there 30s to 60s cars,trucks,dragsters,funny cars, and show rods. I want to sell the whole lot.

Im not looking to get rich off the stuff but dont want to give it away either.

I know if they were all seald kits the would be worth more but Im sure someone can use them for parts or kitbashing.

Whats a fare price for this stuff.

thanks bret

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

One would need far more info. Are all these from the last 5 years or do you have vintage models also?

3. 2002p51

2002p51

Best thing to do is get on eBay and start looking at what similar stuff is going for. Just about everything you can think of in the model car world shows up there sooner or later.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Have you been to http://modelcarkits.com?
    They may be interested....I would be too but my wife would KILL me...hahaha

5. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

A few vintage models but mostly are newer. Your probably right I can take pics.

6. ...can you get a list together to post.

7. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

A pic and some sort of list would be helpful. Selling it as a complete collection may not get you as much as piece by piece might. It is all about supply and demand. Let me know.

8. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

your probably right just didnt want to mess around with it. I think what im going to do is start posting them up in the classifeid and what dosnt sell hear will list on ebay. I will let you guys have first crack at the best stuff.

thanks all

bret