Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Soda/beer machine for the garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26TCoupe, May 3, 2007.

1. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Just got this old soda machine for $20.00 from my work. They got a new one and nobody else wanted this one. Now I have a cool place for beer!
    [​IMG]

2. jerry

jerry

COOL!

35 cent beer! Too bad it's so far away!

jerry

3. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Hell, help me work on my car and I've been known to even give beer away.

4. jerry

jerry

It would be a bit of a drive!

Thanks for the offer though.

jerry

5. hotrawd

hotrawd
    from lima,ohio

Beer should always be kept in a cool place.

6. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Paint it and lay down some pinstripes!

7. mine is in my kitchen :D . my grandparents owned a chevron station for a few years in the early 70's and they kept the machine.....now it's mine. still works great full of cokes and ibc (only glass bottles that will fit) and only a dime.
    Vendo 56

Attached Files:

8. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Does it work? We had a beer machine in our barracks in the Army back in the 70's stocked with PBR and other stuff. Very cool.:D

9. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got a 64 Cavalier vending machine ....mmmmm Beer!

10. I've got a square top Coca Cola machine in my den in the house too. It is the bottle type with the little door also, I think mine is a Cavalier also.

CBB

11. Any way to tell the vintage? I have the same basic machine with newer ornamentation than yours. I was guessing late 60s or so for mine?

12. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I have a short square top Pepsi Machine in my garage. Same here full of Coke, IBC, waters, and a few beers. I love it and would never part with it.

I will try to remember to post a picture of it tonight.

13. squirrel

squirrel

I used to have one of those neat little square Pepsi bottle dispensing machines, the one with the door.

you sure can tell when it's plugged in when you get the electric bill :)

14. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

THIS HAMB SITE NEVER STOPS AMAZING ME !!!

I POSTED A SODA MACHINE IN THE ADDS FOR SALE, A WAY COOLER MACHINE THAN THIS 7~UP MACHINE.

AND A BUNCH OF CRY BABYS TOLD ME "" WHAT THE HELL DOES A SODA MACHINE HAVE TO DO WITH HOT RODS ? ""

THEN SAID CRY BABYS I/Md RYAN AND HE KICKED MY POST OFF SAYING IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE TALK ABOUT ON THE HAMB.

SO WHAT GIVES ??

SHOULD I HAVE POSTED THAT IT WAS A GOOD PLACE FOR BEER ?

BEER HAS NO PLACE IN A HOT ROD ... OR ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE.

SO RYAN, WTF ?

DONT MEEN TO COMPLAIN OR GET THIS THREAD KICKED OFF, NOT MY INTENT AT ALL........ BUT WHATS WITH THE RULES FOR ONE GUY & DIFFERENT RULES FOR ANOTHER ?

15. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I found this picture that shows my Pepsi machine in the back ground.

Squirrel is right about the electric bill. I run mine all the time but I do know they are a real big draw. Built when the most efficient appliance wasn't top priority. It's kinda like putting gas in the hot rod, I dont question it.

Attached Files:

16. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I think it is just the rules for the classified section. They are trying to keep it from turning into a flea market, instead of a swap meet.

Just my opinion though.

17. squirrel

squirrel

Yeah, it's pretty wierd, isn't it?

I think the problem may be that you were trying to sell something that is not car related, which is against the rules.

This thread is talking about beer coolers for the shop, which is kind of allowed by the rules.

Also when you type with ALL CAPITALS you will naturally piss off some people who think that you are YELLING at them.

18. Since he always seems to be pissed off, it may be appropriate...Just kidding, I use caps on my drawings here at work and sometimes forget to turn them off.

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Used to have an old soda machine in my store and had one row dedicated to "Adult Beverages", it was the row with an empty bottle showing. Those who knew paid a dollar, .50 for the empty and .50 for the beer:D

20. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

21. Soda/beer machines are kick butt. I have had on at my place for a while. I actually just replaced it and I have the old Pepsi machine that I used to use. I paid $100 for a while ago. I ended up getting a smaller one that fits in the front of my shop better. It worked on and off and sometimes needed a little tinkering as one of the switches was touchy. If anyone is interested in it, come give me the $100 I paid or come up with something cool to trade and I will load it up with the fork truck. Delivery is an option if your close by.
    Thanks,
    MIke

22. http://www.soda-machines.com/machines/index.html
    http://www.colamachines.com/

then there's a few books i looked at in barnes and noble.

and yes it takes more power........it costs an extra $25 a month to run, but it's still plugged it and always will be :D .

23. Technically, you'd need a liquor license if you have the coin slot operational. It's unlikely you'd get caught, though.

24. ratso575

ratso575

DE SOTO :mad:
    do you still have your machine for sale ?

25. Thanks, haven't fired mine up yet. If it is shot or cost too much I am just going to put modern guts in it outta a mini fridge or something. I remember Tuck refurrbed old fridges in the past.............maybe he has some insight?

26. I think the same people that enforce this are the ones who enforce the video poker machines in the bars.
    Who is ever going to complain about $50 beers?!?!?