I was planning on doing a full tech piece on building this door, but I forgot to take pictures while I was doing most of the dirty work, so this is kinda just a summary. Anywho, the door is off a 54 Doretti Swallow, some might remember me showing fixing up the rear fender for this car in a post a few months back. The door was pretty twisted, it had been hit hard at some point in its life, and was never really fixed right.It had some half-assed brazed in patches, a bolt welded in as a structural member of the door, and a whole lot of filler and fiberglass. You can see some of the chunks I chipped off laying on the door in this pic. After I peeled the skin off, I cut out the bad frame pieces and beat out new pieces from 18ga. The whole door was done by hand, I dont even have a break to use, all the bends were made by clamping the sheet under a piece of heavy angle at the edge of a table and beating it over with a hammer. you can't see it here, but I made all the gaps on the door frame perfect to the fenders, though bigger than I ultimatly wanted. That way I could roll the skin around the frame,following the frame as closely as I could, and end up with good gaps. The only exception to the by hand comment was I took the skin to a guy and used his slip roll to put some shape the skin before I attached it to the frame. I tried to bend it over a piece of tube that was laying around, but I'm not what one would call a big guy, and that piece of steel just laughed at me. Here is a pic with the skin on and the door kinda in place(it wasnt aligned very well yet). Gaps needed a little tweeking in a couple places, but nothing more than a 1/16th or so. Over all I think it came out pretty good, especially for my first attempt at what was basically building a door from scratch. I learned a couple things that will make my next easier, and hopefully better.