Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Quality Car Cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bman416, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Bman416

Bman416

I'm looking for a good car cover for my '62 Impala wagon. I would like something soft on the inside and weatherproof but breathable. The car is stored right in my garage on concrete and will stay there for the winter. I would like something weatherproof in case it has to sit in the driveway for a day or two in the rain while i stripe a customers car in the garage.
    I've seen them on eBay for about $85 but was told they're cheap junk for that price. thank you

Brian

2. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

I've got an exterior cover made by www.covercraft.com
    mine is the Noah and works well with a custom fit

3. California Car Cover - and with covers, you get what you pay for!

4. Ditto what hotrodron says.
    Do a search for more details- this topic pops up about monthly, especially when winter approaches.

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I am with hotroddon, California Car Cover. I have used them for years and I am very happy with them. They have a wide variety to choose from and they are well made.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

ALL of mine have been California Car Covers. Excellent quality for the price. I've got a '90 Corvette one for sale if anyone is interested....$50. Perfect condition.:cool:

7. Another Vote for California Car Cover. We have two. Good quality, good fit, good price, prompt delivery, good folks.

8. NOAH from California Car Cover Co. Going on a decade. It's showing the years but still works well. No scratches and keeps out the moisture. It is not, however, impervious to
    cat claws... (Nor the rear corner of the hood.)

One other thing; while I'd ordered the grommet for the antenna, they forgot to
    pop one in. Rather than send it back and wait for the fix, I took care of it
    myself, no big deal.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  9. hate to sound like a ditto head, but you can't beat california car cover...great product, excellent fit and priced right

10. kustomkat

kustomkat

I am with California Car Cover as well. Bought several covers for several different cars. Their "outdoor" cover will go about 5-6 years, strictly outdoors in Central Ca. Still pleased with the quality and will be ordering a replacement indoor cover for my 53, as it is about 15 years old....

11. Weasel

Weasel

Covercraft makes the covers for California Car Cover. Sometimess CCC skimps and the sides of the cover come up short, so it pays to specify you want the cover to go almost down to the ground and cover all of the wheel.