Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT, Prayer request for my Brother, it's terminal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jun 15, 2007.

1. I lost my mother and father to cancer that could be attributed directly to tobacco, and a brother who thankfully is now a survivor. I will say a quiet one for you. God bless.

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thank you all for your kind comments, and especially for the prayers, My brother is a believer but had drifted away for many years, however within the last year he has been coming back, when the Doctor came in the other day with the grim news he had his head down and told Rick "I'm sorry" , Rick gave him a solid hand shake and said, "this is Gods will, and I have been out of his will for so long, I want the will of God back in my life". I know I will see him on the other side someday, but for now it's so hard to watch him as this sickness takes hold of him a little more each day,.....

The things we put value on in this world sometimes surprises me, Yes I really enjoy my old cars and Hot Rods (sometimes almost obsessed), but the most precious things in my life are my Lord (who has always been faithful to me) and the personal relationships with my family and the ones I make along the way, and yes this also means people I have met here on the HAMB, please think of this thread when you see the people you love,... and just realize how much they mean to you,... because there is no guarantee for tomorrow.

And again thanks so much,... you don't know what it means to me.

(Eph. 2:8-9) (Rev. 21:4)

3. Your Brother, and all of your family, are now added to my daily prayer list.

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Having lost my mom to cancer three years ago, I've got a lot of feelings on this one. She never smoked and we don't know why she got lung cancer but she sure had a huge effect on a whole lot of people. She used to always say that God never gives people more than they can handle but He might give you more than you can handle by yourself. I didn't ever want to lose her to anything and knew that wasn't realistic, but cancer was an especially tough way to go. I think you have a purpose in life and a purpose in death even if you don't see it. I'll certainly pray for your family and for you.

We talked at great length before she died about whether it was better to know for sure when your time was coming so that you could get your affairs in order or just to go suddenly and unexpectedly. She warned me that the afterlife can be rough if you have a heart attack while snorting coke off of a hookers back. The suffering is tough indeed but sometimes it's worth it to get your life back in order. With any luck, this was just a critical wakeup call for your brother and he can beat this.

5. teddyp

teddyp

to you and yours all my prayers