Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Open House at H-D KC 9/9 and 9/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrobrother, Sep 9, 2005.

1. I'm kinda late in posting this, but the Harley-Davidson manufacturing plant in Kansas City (where I work) is having their Open House and Demo Tour today and tomorrow (Friday 9/9 and Saturday 9/10). We'll have tours of the plant, which is cool in and of itself, but the best part is the Demo Tour. All of the Harley-Davidson and Buell models are available for a short demo ride.

All you need is a license with a motorcycle endorsement and proof of insurance - you don't even need a helmet because the Tour staff brings a flock of 'em - and some patience because the lines for the popular models can get long. If you want to ride a V-Rod or a Buell, you have to have a full-face helmet (insurance BS, ya know). The VR/Buell tours are done in "packs" (and have been known to be, um, "speed-enhanced" on occasion) but you can ride the rest of the bikes (over the prescribed course) at your own speed and without having to be in a group.

Come on out and have fun.

Andy

2. For those who are interested and don't know where the plant is located: Get on I-29 and go to the NW 112th Street exit (just before or just after the exit to the airport, depending on which direction you're coming from). Turn east and go to Congress (112th will "T" at Congress) and look for the happy H-D employees in blue T-shirts who will guide you to where you can park. (The H-D plant is just north of the 112th-Congress intersection at 11401 N Congress.)

Demo rides are available from 9:00 to 3:00 both days, but the sign-up line can get pretty long at times, so you may want to come really early or really late.