Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Movie recommendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chebby belair, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Just finished relaxing with Bruce Brown's 'Endless Summer' and it got me to wondering what folks here watch if its not directly related to hot rods.

I dig noir with early street scenes, like maybe 'Dark Passage' and 'On Dangerous Ground'

Maybe early episodes of 'Hop Harrigan' or 'Comando Cody'

What can you recommend?

(Mods: if this is too OT, apols and pls delete)

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

The new Julia Roberts flick "Changling" is set in 1928 Los Angeles, and has a LOT of restored "T's" in it... EXCELLENT movie to boot!

I dont know if it's out on DVD yet, but you can sneak a peek for free on watch-movies.net

3. Muttley

Muttley

Theres some great cars in all of these:

The Godfather
    Once Upon A Time In America
    L.A. Confidential
    The Right Stuff
    Chinatown

4. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Endless Summer is an amazing movie...

As far as Film Noir goes, I was watching a movie called "Crive Wave" starring Sterling Hayden and about half way through one of the characters pulls up in a '29 Roadster, no fenders, no hood, flathead, three dueces... (it's been awhile since I've seen this, so it could be slightly different). But it totally threw me for a loop, it just came out of nowhere about halfway through the movie.