Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Jesse James For Mayor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 15, 2007.

?
  1. Yes, it's a good cause...

190 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. No, it's not relevant...

233 vote(s)
    55.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TINGLER

TINGLER

After Jesse James came in here flaunting the fact that he crushed that Anglia?

I vote NO whatever it is.

Why would the HAMB want anything to do with Hollywood?

Just my .02

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't mind if Jesse's idea gets lots of attention... not at all actually... In fact, I hope he gets his show aired.

What I wanted to see is how HAMBers felt about the issue and I think this thread is giving us a better picture.

I'm damn proud to read some of the stuff I am reading. Damn proud.

3. Thresher

Thresher
    from Austin, TX

Maybe we could get the best of both worlds: help out a town in need, get some sponsorship, but not have the HAMB mentioned. Hell, do we need the growth or just someone to help pay for the bandwidth? I mean, shit, if we grow more from the (tv) show, then we'll need MORE sponsors to pay for more bandwidth. And besides, I hate typing the word bandwidth. See, there I go again. :)
    Car show - hell yeah.
    Helping out Jesse - of course
    Sponsorship - can't hurt
    HAMB name out there in youtube and myspace land? uhh, no.

4. Montechris

Montechris

Smells like the Simple Life....Helping towns or exploiting them?

5. No.

"Reality" shows only show superficial quick fixes without solving the underlying problems.

6. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Thanks, didn't know about that...

7. BigDanF4i

BigDanF4i

ok, some of downtown in ok, but the crap is spreading. and I think the fact that we had the balls to round up some illegals was awesome, even if we only got 25.

leave the hamb out of the tv show,

i thought we were voting on letting the thread live.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Let me ask this then...WHO gets to determine WHAT "hick" town, WHERE that "hick" town is and WHEN the show will be...???

R-

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Ryan, how can you get an honest, impartial vote when your second paragraph in the initial message all but dismisses the voting process? I've been to grad school just like you and we should both know better than to taint the voting. The HAMB'rs look up to you and I would suspect the majority want to follow your wishes. Hence, the voting was skewed from the beginning.
    For what it's worth, I'm all for Jesse's mission.

10. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Its really hard to make a judgement on this, is it gonna be more hollywood theatrics, or a real bonified effort to "fix" a town? I can't believe an actual town mayor would be cool with the idea anyway.

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Man, sometimes I think you guys don't read what the boss writes. Has nothing to do with promoting the HAMB on Jesse's new "show"....the boss is just asking whether he/the HAMB should promoted his project and add a sponsorship spot on TJJ on the house by stickying a thread....you know, those threads at the top that are normally just used for auctions and the most important of information.

My vote was no and I'll tell you why. Jesse does nothing productive for the HAMB. He doesn't help answer questions, he doesn't teach by posting a thread, I've never seen one worthwhile post by the man. Does this lack of HAMB involvment deserve a sticky thread?? HELL NO!

Will I watch a show that tries to help people? You bet I will, for maybe one or two espisodes till they all start looking the same.

Best of luck to you Jesse but the HAMB is NOT the place to promote your endeavors.......... unless you've put in your dues.

12. Montechris

Montechris

I think he is right, only those who have attended grad school and understand statistics need vote.

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

No.

This may be well intentioned, but it is no doubt put together by people more influenced by ratings than actually solving the problems of small town America. Work is being outsourced to foreign countries leaving "factory" towns desolate with no income. Crime and politics are hand in hand for the right price. The list goes on and on.

This is no old western, where it is time to round up the bad guys and lock em up. A car show in some "hick town" wont change thier failing economic system in the least, and a statement like that shows that the folks behind the wheel of the show don't even have a clue.

14. Please tell me how you change a town in a week.
    Change the economy and increase the tax base.
    You don't do that in a week.
    Support local businesses....not Walmart.
    You need money to do that.
    Nothing against JJ, but I'm thinking the votes have spoken.

15. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I wish I could change my vote!
    I haven't seen a post by him contributing anything showing us how he builds stuff or welds or whatever. but maybe he figures everyone see it on his shows or something? I don't know. But he doesn't seem to contribute anything it all his threads just end up a bunch of posts responding to what he posted.

16. zgears

zgears

that video was painful .... I have nothing against the guy, but I think any cross promotion would bring in people who don't really get the Hamb.

17. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Looks like another reality TV show trying to use a small town as a prop. Sure it will help a little.. for a little while.

Why not pick one town and teach the locals to weld and open up a fabrcation company or something. That would create jobs and rejuvinate the local economy in the long run. BETTER YET.... why not have Sandra Bullock/ And Jesse use their production company connections to make some small town the next Hollwood and start making movies there? SHit instead of making movies in Canada we could make them all over small town America.

Quick fixes don't work for cars and they don't work for people.

Nothing personall JJ... but I vote no.

18. Big Tony

Big Tony

There is probably no bigger Jesse James fan than i am BUT i have to vote no also. This forum stands on certian beliefs and ways of life, and if the word gets out that we are Kool then this site ill go to shit. We don't need to be told we are kool because we don't give a shit what others think... we are just a group with the same interest and don't need to be mainstream.

19. hemi

hemi

At first I didn't get how he and a Hollywood posse can take over for one week and fix an ENTIRE town for the better for the long run.... sure it'll be a feel good carnival month for the town, but things will slip back to normal...

And then I remembered that I don't watch TV so I really don't care.... :D

20. Thresher

Thresher
    from Austin, TX

ok. Then for all those who want to help a town but don't want Hollywood involved, how about an open invitation to host a HAMB event at any town that Ryan et al would feel would benefit the town? I am part of the largest charity fishing tournament in Florida and it started with a couple of drunktards getting together and pooling some money, time and an open weekend. Now we raise thousands for cancer research. 100% proceeds to the charity and they never knew we were coming. Obviously Ryan is interested in helping. How many of you syphons of resources are willing to put something back? Whoops - off my soapbox. :)

And Stevie G - you are SO right!

21. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

Yeah, great! Maybe H.A.M.B. shirts in Wal Mart and every truckstop you could imagine. Unliscenced, clothing, stickers, toys, etc. and every idiot possible promoting it, showing what complete sell outs we could be too.

No from me! This is that particular fork in the road I wished Jesse would've chosen no on too. Stayed true and the way he portrays himself, rather than seeing dollars and becoming a sell-out seeking fame and fortune.

22. maybe I am slow but what exactly is he doing for small towns building them a monster or a bike??

23. Why the hell not, you see any other shows doing this, no, no, So pull your heads out. Rags

24. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Jesse wants H.A.M.B. members to put on a car show ,right ? does he need help to put on a show ? no, is he asking if you want to be on TV ? maybe ( I dont ) But promote the H.A.M.B. how ? by getting more Alliance discounts ? that 'd be cool . Don't mind me I just don't understand the whole deal .

25. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I voted no this is my mayor

Attached Files:

26. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

I voted no.
    The reason is I don't see it being relevant to the HAMB. I've been here for awhile, but not as long as alot of you guys. I don't see it getting any better as we get more members though. And as previously stated JJ with all his talent, no denying that, has not really contributed anything to help the Average Joe Hot Rodder here on the HAMB.
    As for the the show I'll probably watch it. Seems like his intentions are well. As long as it doesn't turn into the "TV Biker" version of the Simple Life as some one else stated.

Drew

27. noboD

noboD

28. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Throw out the scripted lines, fast forward through the hollywood style promo describing the show, and sift through the bullshit. Boiled down, it's nothing but a reality show.

Super Nanny on a chopper.

Are all these small town folks he's gonna "hire" to work on the weekly project going to have permanent jobs afterwards, or are they just "rent-a-bums" for a week until he leaves for the next damsel in distress small town?

My .02 worth.

29. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

I see no tangible upside.

JJ can make this show with out our official support. If he's really into this he'll make it anyway, and I will watch it.

I would hate to have something like this escalate and have 5000 more booger eatin mouth breathers on here watering down the quality of the board. Not to say bringin in new opinions would be bad, but really do we need 100 more posts a day on which spraycan lays the best ratrod paintjob?

Food for thought

I vote no.

30. barebones

barebones

I think it's a good thing. It will promote our ideas and just like any fad the true ones always stick around so if it garners any posers they will soon leave. Besides I wouldn't worry about the HAMB getting any worse, look at what happened to Sellers Equipped. Take it for what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.