Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT/How many HAMBers play music?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Deuceswild557

Deuceswild557

Drums, Pearl .
    Takamina Jasmine guitar. Acoust/Elect
    Amateur, But always fun.

2. Keyboard..........over 10 years.

3. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Im a drummer.... 13 years.

4. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

playin my black n striped rodgers set w org.zildgens when im boozen for years and now my son is crankin out awesome rockabilly n surf with the help of model a punk.He has a 1971 hondo II ,a 70's harmony, and my silvertone vin # 4 18 1968[ which is my birth date] oh by the way my son is 10

5. percusion,drums,turn tables,vocals.WIDE interest in types of music.

6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I play bass, guitar, and a little bit of drums. I used to play bass in my friend's band:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0ib32m1awU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0ib32m1awU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Now I just build hot rods and make movies about them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  7. MCM

MCM

I've been playing guitar around 30 years. Here's a new guitar my buddy is building for me, a metal bodied baritone firebird. The center strip and pick guard will have an engine-turned finish, and the bolts on the back will be ground off and welded up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  8. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

my car plays music for me every time I start it up :D

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

How much does that thing weigh?

10. jchav62

jchav62

I'm a guitarist/vocalist and part time bassist for the Northern New Mexico variety band "Camino Oscuro"... I have a MIM Nashville Tele, an American "Fat Strat" and a loaner Fender Jazz Bass in my arsenal, along with a couple of house acoustics...

&#9834;&#9834;Que viva la musica&#9834;&#9834;

11. Torky

Torky

Songwriter from Scotland UK who thinks there is a direct bloodline that connects rockabilly with hot rods and custom autos. I dont think you are really off subject at all. Its the same blood and passion, Torky.

12. I bought a guitar to learn how to play, ended up being way more than I could learn so I took up pinstriping instead. Way easier!

[​IMG]

13. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Piano in High School, tried guitar in college (my wife bought me another Fender last Christmas) and drums (Rogers in the '70's) with a garage band called "The Mack Trucking Company". My wife played violin, flute and drums. She toured Europe with a group called "The Bluebirds" in the late '60's.

14. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Nice. I always liked the look of Firebirds, especially with a Bigsby. I would like to hear that one when it gets done.

15. Junk Truck

Junk Truck
    from Oregon

I play the piano, mostly classical. The piano is a Baldwin Grand piano. I started playing by ear around 10 years old. I took piano lessons at 10 for about 1 1/2 years, but couldn't stand repeating the same thing over and over. I ended up teaching myself, by reading music slowly and listening to a recording of same.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  16. I'm a gangster rapper

17. guitar mostly, and a little bass and drums

18. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I learned to play thr GUT bucket and spoons, even bones on a few visits to KY. :confused:

19. 57283

Ive been playing guitar since 1979. This is my LP.[​IMG]

20. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

I've been playing guitar and singing for 38 years, paying gigs off and on for 30 years. Mostly weekend warrior semi-pro stuff but did it for a living for a couple stretches in the '90s. These days I'm holding down a steady day gig and just playing with a bunch of old farts in a local cover band around the Tulsa area. We're called The Salty Dogs. Here's a video of us doing an old Allman Bros tune at a recent benefit for a fellow musician. I'm on the left in the red shirt :D

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1G6axlmgKtE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

21. I play guitar with a harmonica in a holder. Played in bands for years (blues, rockabilly, southern rock and country). Did solo gigs after that for a few years.

22. MCM

MCM

It's pretty heavy, a little heavier than a Les Paul. With it being a baritone guitar, I probably wouldn't be using for a full set anyway, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. This one is heavier than most of the other guitars he's been working on though, you can see some more on his blog:

http://reverberateone8.blogspot.com

23. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

That is one sweet looking axe! :D

24. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I play a little, but much better at cars.
    I will spare everyone my music!

Wil

25. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Guitar, Played alot in my first year of college (im in my 3rd now) was in about 4 bands at the time, right now im i a 2tone ska, a gypsy jazz heavy ska band, a Hardcore punk band (Think bones brigade) an acoustic jazz, another punk band but more garage-y and a Surf Garage band called LOS SEAFINKS. I wish i had as many cars as i do bands. i also teach beginner guitar for low income chillins.

my set up is a gold flaked gretsch (g5128) with a tv jones bridge out of a fender 4X10 deville with Mesa tubes.

26. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Only after I eat a can of beans!

27. Kerry67

Kerry67

Damn....cant remember if I posted inthis yet.....Yeah I play guitar....have played for 32 years now. Spent the 80's & 90's playing hair metal all around Chicagoland. I recently went back to taking lessons because I want to think Setzer when I pick up the guitar now instead of Schenker.....I do play vintage instruments and I am always buying and selling vintage guitars.....Mostly I go for the old Catalog brands but I love my Gretsch and my Ibanez hollowbodys. (see pics for the old and the new me)......

Attached Files:

28. fauxsmobile

fauxsmobile

slappa da bass mon

29. greg

greg

Been playing upright bass a couple years. about to get a bluegrass band together. I like rockabilly but I think i took up this hobby too late in life.:rolleyes:

68 kay with gut strings. HAMB friendly setup. "traditional" lol

But I did just Buy a 59 Edsel station wagon project so I would have something to haul my bass in.:D

30. burnout2614

burnout2614

I am a half-assed drummer and I sing. I like ALL kinds of music...even SOME rap rock (Kid Rock, Sublime, Rehab) but I really need to beat the dust off my Pearls and Sabians! peace