Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Hey, I'm retired !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CruZer, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I retired after 30 years at the same grind. Best move I ever made. In joy every minute! Do what you want and play with the grandkids.

2. synchro7

synchro7

Congrats, Enjoy the hell out of it. I only have 2yr-3mo-4days left, but who's counting.

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

Enjoy, I retired 8 years ago, best time of my life.

4. glmke

glmke

good for you.

5. Congratulations on your retirement. I've only got 15 more years to go till I'll have 25 on the job.

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Thats about the time I started counting...I retired last December...I'm more busy now than I ever was...6 Saturdays and a Sunday every week...I didnt have any adjustment issues..enjoy..Bill

7. Congrats, you'll enjoy it with that monthly S.S. check coming in. I retired 3 years ago but still do work in my garage for spending money, yea life is great when you can do and go where you want, enjoy yourself, Hank.

8. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Congrats. My father retired a few months ago. Still waiting for parts of his body to heal but he is in the garage every day and enjoying it. Taking long lunches and just relaxing. I know it was hard on him. But i know he got over it. He says that retirement is the best gig in town, six saturdays and a sunday. Now my ass is paying for his pension...haha.

9. Congratulations , enjoy.

10. I retired back in October '08. Didn't especially want to but it ain't bad. Don't have to put in for time off, worry about who gets what vacation days, don't have to put up with some boss's bullshit or some co-worker's whiny crap, don't have to get up early if you don't want to. I watch TV, mess with the PC, work on my '56, work in the yard have lunch and then take a nap. Work around the house until about 5:00 (if I want to or unless it's too hot) and then it's supper time. Can go anywhere I want to any time I want to ... Yep .. not too bad, not bad at all .....

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Early spring...............a great time to retire. Gives you a whole summer to get adjusted to the freedom. It will take almost a week so don't get discouraged if your still waking up to go to work the first few days.:)

Frank

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

13. Guess we retirees have to start a social group here on the HAMB, what do you ol timers think !

14. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Congrats! I've been at it for 15 years--every day's a Saturday! Enjoy!

15. skirtless33

skirtless33

Congrats, less than 2 months then I'm in my old 32 sedan to Cali.

16. Really wanna be retired, but will have to wait out the economy. Congrats, I know it's been a long time coming.
    If you get up and out to the northwest come by and smirk.

17. Been Retired since 1990 to take care of my Mom!
    now I take of my Wife
    but its still Great to be Free of Working and doing what you want
    My Motto is ...Live Learn & Die a Fool
    Enjoy your Retirement

18. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. Big Tony

Big Tony

Congrats man...damn good to here someone being able to retire nowadays...enjoy

20. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Hey CruZer I just retired this past June and I love it.My wife still works but I just work out in my Man Cave on my old cars then I take a break and go Bass Fishing.It's a tough life but somebodys gotta do it.I'm not sure which car to take yet but I want to take my time and do the whole route 66 thing this summer,then back to some serious fishing :) Congrats and Good luck to you guy and have FUN.

21. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

:)Congratulations....now the fun begins. I've been enjoying the good life
    since 2001.:)
    Ron:cool:

22. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

Congrats but a word of advice Keep Busy doing something, I have been retired for 6 years now and for the first 2 years was great but then I found myself looking for somethnig to do so I went to work part time for NAPA 3 days a week and drive around town in a little truck with a BIG HAT on it ... Good Luck..

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Congratulations, and if your a car guy we know you and care......... I've got a year to go and can't wait............

24. oldsman71

oldsman71

congrats!!!!!!!!!! enjoy!!!!

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Come to Myrtle Beach, I'll buy ya a beer.

26. What a result!I think theyve run out of money over here,they want us all to work till we drop

27. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

I'm a not-so-young guy and am currently working "double duty" on handling those "shit buckets" of which you speak. I will take your word that things get better. Hearing that you are looking forward to retirement gives me hope...maybe I will retire by the time I'm 85. that gives me 49 years to save up =) Have fun! Retirement should be like the last day of school...but perpetually and forever.

Scott

28. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I had heard you retired...like 10 years ago???:D

Congrats, Glenn, enjoy your time off and try not to stay too busy.
    I'll catch you around soon, I'm sure.
    Keith

29. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

use your time wisely.;)

30. CruZer

CruZer

Hank, I'm all for that. Heck, who else has more time ??

Glenn