Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Goofy Car Show Gimmicks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Monster Rat, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Jeeeez, I was ok until I read this one. You are 100% correct and have struck a nerve with me. My boss was normal enough until 2003. That's when his 55 year old ass bought a Harley. He instantly started to grow a pony tail and a beard (both snow white) got a chain drive wallet, a shitload of black leather and now every single fucking day he has on a different shirt from some Harley event or dealership he visited. He talks about riding with the Hells Angels back in the '60's and keeps trying to talk me into buying a Harley. I rode sportbikes for years, but those days are over with, and when they were here I never acted like he does. His breaks are filled with talking about Harleys, talking about riding Harleys, people who own Harleys, blah, blah, blah-de-fucking-blah...

2. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

I personally think this is great in a bad sense of humor way haha.

3. the batteries must've been shot... i sat there for ten minutes waiting for her to start her performance and finally gave up. :)

[​IMG]

4. chuckbob

chuckbob

Hey Fordguy78. I know a guy who has Truck Nuts hanging off his trailer hitch. We used to bug him about it. One evening we super glued a Jockstrap on them. He took the darn things off when people started laughing at his truck at traffic lights. :D

5. pdc

pdc

There was a 80 something Caravan that use to come to car shows. He had about 17 trophies all laid out beside it. Nothing special about it baby blue with pinstriping. He thought he was cool trophies were from some yard sale or something. I think the van was called "Widow Maker". I guess he thought nobody could read trophy plaques.

6. steve53

steve53

i saw one that i thought was pretty cool once. a 55 ford f1 that had 10 silver dollars hidden throughout the vehicle. it showed off some of the fab work he had done when you tried finding them.

7. Brahm

Brahm

So what cause I grease my hair, and like hot rods I'm poser. What type of hair cut do you got? Didn't know that some hair cuts were off limits.

8. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

X2, Well put.

9. Brahm

Brahm

Oh ya, and if one more person talk shits on Pompadours, rockabilly, physchobilly, or greased hair, chain wallets, and white-t's. I'm going to get a tattoo of Mike Ness on my ass just to spite you, otherwise I'll see you @ The Creepshow and TigerArmy on the 23rd!

I'm thinking this one...

Attached Files:

10. Doug B

Doug B

Was it a red and white coupe? I know that guy. He's not sinister, but he is a little off center...

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

12. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

fat chicks....

13. Jax2A

Jax2A

How about a garage gimmick? One year for Halloween I taped a pair of old boots in to a pair of my jeans and then stuffed the jeans. Then I took the legs and pinned them at the waist with my garage door. Then took water soluable paint and made a nice blood pool and trail down the driveway from them. My neighbor the paramedic freaked when he got home, thought it really was me.

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yup. I know a lot of people like that. I used to work underneath a Harley Dealer at a print shop. Whenever I worked Saturdays, you should have seen the parking lot. More Harley gear than you could possably imagine.

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

Jeans, T-Shirt, tattoos, and some hair grease. How the hell is that "poser" ??? Guess I am a poser then, but I am in good company with some cool people who are probably better people than those calling them posers.........

16. FatDave

FatDave

Posers come & go... looking for the next 'hip' thing to be a part of, they are the metaphorical 'drifters' of the social situations... they will always bother the 'hardcores' and they will always be a part of every 'scene' whether you like it or not. It's crappy, but you take the good with the bad in any social situation. It's shitty but independent retailers make their living off of posers who are willing to spend an entire paycheck on looking cool... and yes, it's lame, but it's part of EVERY scene.

But... if you're negating people who dress the part of the greaser because that's what they do and that's how they look then you're no better than any other bigot, racist, or judgemental dirtbag.

If wanna judge someone for looking 'cool', you've probably still got a chip on your shoulder from when you were 6 years old and the 'cool kids' didn't want you to play kick-ball with them. You should go to therapy and sort out your life.

17. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

My son's father in law is that "type" of Harley owner. He has the Harley boots, pants, bill fold ( with chain) leather harley vest , chaps, sun glasses, and do rag....The other day he rode over and I noticed he had a new Harley watch.... damn and all I had when I rode was the Road King, none of that goofy shit.

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

To me, that is a Poser. Yeah, we know you have a Harley. It says so right on the bike you rode up on. You do not have to remind us with every piece of clothing or accessory on your body.

19. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

could be that rat word we dont use also

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Trophy whores are the worst, especially ones that own stockers who have merely kept their car clean.

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Thanks! I like to think that I set the bar pretty high!

Attached Files:

22. belair

belair

The master has spoken^^^

23. Super88

Super88

At BTT50's a few years back.

Attached Files:

24. You can't "BUY COOL"... but you can buy Nads a Beer!

25. HATED1

HATED1

i watched a club put 'free, you haul it' signs on peoples cars when they weren't paying attention. pretty funny stuff. one guy got pretty pissed and the third time the sign was put on his car he joined the guys who did it just to watch peoples reactions. he learned the joke wasn't on him but everyone else.

26. mn-junkman

mn-junkman
    from Minnesota

Funny!...Really, anyone who knows George can understand the humor in this.

I set up at a swap meet awhile back. After about the 4th or 5th guy walked up with major sideburns, a chain wallet, and a gas station uniform I started to suspect it was the same person. I found myself hoping someone would smack a jukebox, kiss a chick, give 2 thumbs up and say "Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyy" just like the Fonz.

Please understand I'm just poking fun. I'm all for being who you are.

Really it's no different than Jeep guys in khaki shorts, sandals and safari hats. Or mud-bogger guys with mullets.......Or tuner guys with their cracks showing.......Or biker guys in identical leather calling each other "Brother" all the time....Or muscle car guys with their car model on their jacket......Or teenagers with the stupid Calvin pissing on some brand name sticker........

P.S. I've made fun of nearly everyone I know including myself here.

27. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

If this thread is still going Sunday night, I'll post some pics of the local PT Cruiser club stuff from a big show I'm going to. They show up at all the events with their tacky stuff.

28. Special Ed

Special Ed

You probably don't see this too much in Minnesota, but the woodie guys are pretty special out here with their "uniforms"! Most have surfboards on their roofs that have never even gotten wet to complete their ensemble. They've been called kooks since the fifties, and still are to this day...:cool:

29. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

There was a "Surfer" themed car at back to the fiftys. I was pretty cool, 'til I saw the surfboard shaped mirrors. [​IMG]

30. Special Ed

Special Ed

Contact paper wood? The board on the roof backwards? Muu muu interior?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.